Welcome to Wisconsin, the land of cheese, beer, and endless adventures! Whether you’re a nature lover, a foodie, or an adrenaline junkie, this charming state has something for everyone. In this witty guide, we’ll take you on a journey through the 30 best things to do in Wisconsin. So, buckle up and get ready for an unforgettable experience!
- 1. Explore the Stunning Door County
- 2. Discover the Beauty of Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
- 3. Sample Delicious Cheese at a Local Dairy Farm
- 4. Take a Brewery Tour in Milwaukee
- 5. Experience the Thrill of Zip Lining in Lake Geneva
- 6. Visit the Beautiful Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- 7. Go on a Wildlife Safari at the Milwaukee County Zoo
- 8. Explore the Unique House on the Rock
- 9. Take a Scenic Drive along the Great River Road
- 10. Discover the Charming Town of Lake Geneva
- 11. Visit the Historic Circus World Museum
- 12. Go Hiking in Devil’s Lake State Park
- 13. Indulge in a Fish Fry Experience
- 14. Explore the Quaint Town of Cedarburg
- 15. Attend a Packers Game at Lambeau Field
- 16. Go on a Cave Tour at Cave of the Mounds
- 17. Relax at the Kohler Waters Spa
- 18. Visit the Harley-Davidson Museum
- 19. Explore the Northwoods
- 20. Go on a Wine Tasting Tour in Door County
- 21. Visit the Milwaukee Art Museum
- 22. Take a Ride on the Wisconsin Great Northern Railroad
- 23. Go on a Ghost Tour in Wisconsin Dells
- 24. Visit the National Mustard Museum
- 25. Attend Summerfest, the World’s Largest Music Festival
- 26. Explore the Cave Point County Park
- 27. Go on a Brewery and Cheese Tour in New Glarus
- 28. Visit the EAA Aviation Museum
- 29. Enjoy Winter Sports in the Northwoods
- 30. Relax on the Beautiful Beaches of Lake Michigan
1. Explore the Stunning Door County
Start your Wisconsin adventure by visiting Door County, a picturesque peninsula known for its stunning landscapes and charming small towns. Take a scenic drive along the coast, visit the lighthouses, and indulge in some delicious cherry pie.
2. Discover the Beauty of Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
If you’re a nature enthusiast, Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is a must-visit. Kayak through the crystal-clear waters, hike the scenic trails, and explore the historic lighthouses.
3. Sample Delicious Cheese at a Local Dairy Farm
Wisconsin is famous for its cheese, so why not visit a local dairy farm and sample some of the best cheese in the country? Learn about the cheese-making process and indulge in a cheese tasting session.
4. Take a Brewery Tour in Milwaukee
No trip to Wisconsin is complete without a brewery tour in Milwaukee, the beer capital of the United States. Explore the city’s rich brewing history, taste a variety of craft beers, and learn about the brewing process.
5. Experience the Thrill of Zip Lining in Lake Geneva
If you’re an adrenaline junkie, head to Lake Geneva and experience the thrill of zip lining. Soar through the treetops and enjoy breathtaking views of the lake and surrounding forests.
6. Visit the Beautiful Olbrich Botanical Gardens
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in the tranquility of Olbrich Botanical Gardens in Madison. Explore the stunning outdoor gardens, visit the tropical conservatory, and attend a seasonal event.
7. Go on a Wildlife Safari at the Milwaukee County Zoo
Get up close and personal with exotic animals at the Milwaukee County Zoo. Embark on a wildlife safari, learn about conservation efforts, and enjoy interactive exhibits.
8. Explore the Unique House on the Rock
Step into a world of eccentricity at the House on the Rock in Spring Green. This unique attraction features bizarre collections, stunning architecture, and breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
9. Take a Scenic Drive along the Great River Road
Embark on a scenic road trip along the Great River Road, which follows the Mississippi River. Enjoy stunning views, visit charming river towns, and stop at scenic overlooks.
10. Discover the Charming Town of Lake Geneva
Escape to the charming town of Lake Geneva and enjoy its beautiful lakefront, boutique shops, and delicious restaurants. Take a boat tour, rent a paddleboard, or simply relax on the beach.
11. Visit the Historic Circus World Museum
Step back in time and explore the fascinating world of the circus at the Historic Circus World Museum in Baraboo. Learn about the history of the circus, watch live performances, and even try your hand at some circus skills.
12. Go Hiking in Devil’s Lake State Park
Put on your hiking boots and head to Devil’s Lake State Park, one of Wisconsin’s most popular outdoor destinations. Hike the scenic trails, swim in the crystal-clear lake, and enjoy breathtaking views from the bluffs.
13. Indulge in a Fish Fry Experience
When in Wisconsin, you must indulge in a classic fish fry. Head to a local tavern and savor crispy fried fish, accompanied by coleslaw, rye bread, and a side of tartar sauce. It’s a true Wisconsin culinary experience!
14. Explore the Quaint Town of Cedarburg
Discover the charm of Cedarburg, a historic town known for its beautiful architecture, art galleries, and antique shops. Take a stroll along the picturesque streets, visit the local wineries, and enjoy a delicious meal at a cozy restaurant.
15. Attend a Packers Game at Lambeau Field
If you’re a football fan, don’t miss the opportunity to attend a Green Bay Packers game at Lambeau Field. Join the sea of green and gold, cheer on the team, and experience the electric atmosphere of a live NFL game.
16. Go on a Cave Tour at Cave of the Mounds
Explore the underground wonders of Cave of the Mounds, a stunning limestone cave located near Blue Mounds. Take a guided tour, marvel at the colorful rock formations, and learn about the cave’s geological history.
17. Relax at the Kohler Waters Spa
Treat yourself to a day of relaxation at the luxurious Kohler Waters Spa in Kohler. Enjoy a rejuvenating massage, indulge in hydrotherapy treatments, and unwind in the tranquil spa surroundings.
18. Visit the Harley-Davidson Museum
Rev up your engines and visit the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee. Discover the history of this iconic motorcycle brand, admire vintage bikes, and learn about the culture of the open road.
19. Explore the Northwoods
Escape to the Northwoods and immerse yourself in the beauty of Wisconsin’s wilderness. Go fishing on one of the many lakes, hike through the dense forests, or simply relax in a cozy cabin surrounded by nature.
20. Go on a Wine Tasting Tour in Door County
Did you know that Wisconsin is also home to some excellent wineries? Take a wine tasting tour in Door County and sample a variety of delicious wines, from crisp whites to robust reds.
21. Visit the Milwaukee Art Museum
Art enthusiasts shouldn’t miss the chance to visit the Milwaukee Art Museum. Explore the impressive collection of over 30,000 artworks, including paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts.
22. Take a Ride on the Wisconsin Great Northern Railroad
Step aboard the Wisconsin Great Northern Railroad and embark on a scenic train ride through the beautiful Wisconsin countryside. Enjoy panoramic views, indulge in a delicious meal onboard, and experience the nostalgia of train travel.
23. Go on a Ghost Tour in Wisconsin Dells
For those seeking a spooky adventure, Wisconsin Dells offers ghost tours that will send shivers down your spine. Explore haunted locations, hear chilling stories, and maybe even encounter a ghost or two.
24. Visit the National Mustard Museum
Mustard lovers rejoice! Pay a visit to the National Mustard Museum in Middleton and explore the world’s largest collection of mustards. Sample different flavors, learn about the history of mustard, and even take home a jar or two.
25. Attend Summerfest, the World’s Largest Music Festival
Get ready to rock at Summerfest, the world’s largest music festival held in Milwaukee. Enjoy performances by renowned artists, indulge in delicious festival food, and soak up the vibrant atmosphere.
26. Explore the Cave Point County Park
Discover the natural beauty of Cave Point County Park in Door County. Marvel at the limestone cliffs, watch the waves crash against the rocks, and take in the breathtaking views of Lake Michigan.
27. Go on a Brewery and Cheese Tour in New Glarus
New Glarus is not only known for its Swiss heritage but also for its excellent breweries and cheese. Take a tour of the local breweries, sample award-winning beers, and pair them with some delicious Swiss cheese.
28. Visit the EAA Aviation Museum
Aviation enthusiasts will be thrilled to visit the EAA Aviation Museum in Oshkosh. Explore the impressive collection of aircraft, learn about the history of flight, and even take a ride in a vintage plane.
29. Enjoy Winter Sports in the Northwoods
When winter arrives, head to the Northwoods and embrace the snowy wonderland. Go skiing or snowboarding on the pristine slopes, try your hand at ice fishing, or go snowshoeing through the silent forests.
30. Relax on the Beautiful Beaches of Lake Michigan
End your Wisconsin adventure by relaxing on the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan. Build sandcastles, take a dip in the refreshing water, and soak up the sun while enjoying the stunning lake views.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Castelo Branco (Portugal)
Wisconsin is a state full of surprises, from its breathtaking natural beauty to its rich cultural heritage. Whether you’re exploring the charming small towns, indulging in delicious cheese and beer, or embarking on thrilling adventures, Wisconsin will captivate your heart. So, pack your bags, follow this witty guide, and get ready for the trip of a lifetime in the Cheese State!