Trumbull, Connecticut is a charming town located in Fairfield County. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, Trumbull offers a wide range of activities for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re a nature lover, history buff, or food enthusiast, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Trumbull. In this article, we will explore the 30 best things to do in Trumbull, Connecticut.
- 1. Take a Stroll Through Old Mine Park
- 2. Visit the Trumbull Nature and Arts Center
- 3. Explore the Pequonnock River Valley State Park
- 4. Indulge in Delicious Food at Local Restaurants
- 5. Discover Trumbull’s History at the Trumbull Historical Society
- 6. Enjoy a Round of Golf at Tashua Knolls
- 7. Attend a Performance at the Trumbull Arts Center
- 8. Visit the Trumbull Library
- 9. Explore the Trumbull Mall
- 10. Attend a Local Festival or Fair
- 11. Take a Dip at the Trumbull Pool
- 12. Go Ice Skating at the Rinks at Shelton
- 13. Explore the Trumbull Historical Cemetery
- 14. Attend a Yoga Class at a Local Studio
- 15. Visit the Trumbull Farmers Market
- 16. Explore the Trumbull Historical Society Museum
- 17. Go for a Bike Ride Along the Trumbull Rails to Trails
- 18. Attend a Workshop at the Trumbull Art Gallery
- 19. Take a Cooking Class at a Local Culinary School
- 20. Visit the Trumbull Historical Society Barn
- 21. Attend a Concert at the Trumbull High School Auditorium
- 22. Go Fishing at Twin Brooks Park
- 23. Take a Nature Walk at the Trumbull Nature Preserve
- 24. Play a Game of Tennis at the Trumbull Tennis Courts
- 25. Explore the Trumbull Historical Society Carriage House
- 26. Attend a Fitness Class at a Local Gym
- 27. Visit the Trumbull Historical Society Schoolhouse
- 28. Take a Day Trip to the Beardsley Zoo
- 29. Attend a Yoga Retreat at a Local Retreat Center
- 30. Enjoy a Scenic Drive Through Trumbull
1. Take a Stroll Through Old Mine Park
Old Mine Park is a hidden gem in Trumbull. With its beautiful walking trails and scenic views, it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind. Take a leisurely stroll along the river or pack a picnic and enjoy a day outdoors.
2. Visit the Trumbull Nature and Arts Center
The Trumbull Nature and Arts Center is a must-visit for nature enthusiasts. Explore the various exhibits and learn about the local flora and fauna. The center also offers art classes and workshops for those looking to get creative.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Windsor, Connecticut (CT)
3. Explore the Pequonnock River Valley State Park
If you’re a fan of outdoor activities, the Pequonnock River Valley State Park is the place to be. Hike along the trails, go fishing in the river, or have a picnic with friends and family. The park offers something for everyone.
4. Indulge in Delicious Food at Local Restaurants
Trumbull is home to a variety of restaurants that cater to all taste buds. From cozy cafes to upscale eateries, you’ll find a wide range of culinary delights in Trumbull. Don’t forget to try the local specialties!
5. Discover Trumbull’s History at the Trumbull Historical Society
History buffs will love the Trumbull Historical Society. Explore the exhibits and learn about the town’s rich history. The society also hosts events and lectures throughout the year.
6. Enjoy a Round of Golf at Tashua Knolls
Tashua Knolls is a premier golf course in Trumbull. Grab your clubs and enjoy a round of golf on the beautifully manicured greens. The course also offers lessons for beginners.
7. Attend a Performance at the Trumbull Arts Center
The Trumbull Arts Center is a hub for performing arts in the town. Catch a play, musical performance, or dance recital at this vibrant venue.
8. Visit the Trumbull Library
The Trumbull Library is a great place to relax and read a book. Browse through the extensive collection or attend one of the library’s many events.
9. Explore the Trumbull Mall
If you’re in the mood for some retail therapy, head to the Trumbull Mall. With a wide range of stores and restaurants, it’s the perfect place to shop and dine.
10. Attend a Local Festival or Fair
Trumbull hosts various festivals and fairs throughout the year. From food festivals to art fairs, there’s always something happening in town.
11. Take a Dip at the Trumbull Pool
Cool off on a hot summer day at the Trumbull Pool. The pool offers a refreshing escape from the heat and is a great place to spend time with family and friends.
12. Go Ice Skating at the Rinks at Shelton
If you’re visiting Trumbull during the winter months, don’t miss the opportunity to go ice skating at the Rinks at Shelton. Lace up your skates and glide across the ice.
13. Explore the Trumbull Historical Cemetery
History enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to the Trumbull Historical Cemetery. Take a walk through the cemetery and learn about the town’s early settlers.
14. Attend a Yoga Class at a Local Studio
If you’re looking to relax and rejuvenate, attend a yoga class at one of Trumbull’s local studios. Stretch, breathe, and find your inner zen.
15. Visit the Trumbull Farmers Market
Support local farmers and artisans by visiting the Trumbull Farmers Market. Browse through the fresh produce and handmade crafts.
16. Explore the Trumbull Historical Society Museum
The Trumbull Historical Society Museum is a treasure trove of artifacts and exhibits. Learn about the town’s past and gain a deeper understanding of its heritage.
17. Go for a Bike Ride Along the Trumbull Rails to Trails
Trumbull Rails to Trails is a popular biking trail that spans several miles. Rent a bike and enjoy a scenic ride through the town.
18. Attend a Workshop at the Trumbull Art Gallery
The Trumbull Art Gallery offers a range of workshops and classes for aspiring artists. Unleash your creativity and learn new artistic techniques.
19. Take a Cooking Class at a Local Culinary School
If you’re a food enthusiast, why not take a cooking class at one of Trumbull’s culinary schools? Learn new recipes and techniques from professional chefs.
20. Visit the Trumbull Historical Society Barn
The Trumbull Historical Society Barn is a historic landmark in the town. Explore the barn and learn about its significance in Trumbull’s history.
21. Attend a Concert at the Trumbull High School Auditorium
The Trumbull High School Auditorium hosts various concerts and performances throughout the year. Check the schedule and enjoy a night of music and entertainment.
22. Go Fishing at Twin Brooks Park
Twin Brooks Park is a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts. Cast your line and try your luck at catching some fish.
23. Take a Nature Walk at the Trumbull Nature Preserve
The Trumbull Nature Preserve is a peaceful sanctuary for nature lovers. Take a leisurely walk and admire the beauty of the natural surroundings.
24. Play a Game of Tennis at the Trumbull Tennis Courts
Grab your racket and head to the Trumbull Tennis Courts for a friendly game of tennis. The courts are well-maintained and open to the public.
25. Explore the Trumbull Historical Society Carriage House
The Trumbull Historical Society Carriage House is another historic landmark in the town. Learn about the role of carriages in Trumbull’s history.
26. Attend a Fitness Class at a Local Gym
Stay active and healthy by attending a fitness class at one of Trumbull’s local gyms. From yoga to Zumba, there’s a class for every fitness level.
27. Visit the Trumbull Historical Society Schoolhouse
The Trumbull Historical Society Schoolhouse is a preserved one-room schoolhouse from the 19th century. Step back in time and experience what education was like in the past.
28. Take a Day Trip to the Beardsley Zoo
If you’re looking for a fun family outing, take a day trip to the Beardsley Zoo in nearby Bridgeport. Explore the exhibits and get up close with various animal species.
29. Attend a Yoga Retreat at a Local Retreat Center
If you’re in need of a getaway, why not attend a yoga retreat at one of Trumbull’s local retreat centers? Relax, rejuvenate, and connect with nature.
30. Enjoy a Scenic Drive Through Trumbull
Lastly, take a leisurely drive through Trumbull and admire the scenic beauty of the town. Enjoy the picturesque landscapes and charming neighborhoods.
Read More : Best Things to Do in South Windsor, Connecticut
Trumbull, Connecticut offers a plethora of activities for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re interested in nature, history, or simply want to indulge in delicious food, Trumbull has something for everyone. So the next time you’re planning a trip to Connecticut, be sure to include Trumbull on your itinerary and experience the best that this charming town has to offer.