Glastonbury, Connecticut is a charming town located in Hartford County. With its rich history, picturesque landscapes, and vibrant community, there are plenty of things to do and see in this hidden gem of New England. Whether you’re a history buff, an outdoor enthusiast, or a foodie, Glastonbury has something for everyone. Here are the 30 best things to do in Glastonbury, Connecticut:
- 1. Visit the Historic Glastonbury Green
- 2. Explore the Connecticut River
- 3. Hike at Cotton Hollow Preserve
- 4. Indulge in Local Cuisine
- 5. Visit the Glastonbury Historical Society Museum
- 6. Attend a Concert at the Glastonbury Riverfront Park
- 7. Explore the Shops at Somerset Square
- 8. Take a Stroll at Riverfront Park
- 9. Visit the Welles-Shipman-Ward House
- 10. Explore the Trails at Meshomasic State Forest
- 11. Enjoy a Round of Golf at Glastonbury Hills Country Club
- 12. Visit the Glastonbury Art Guild
- 13. Attend a Yoga Class at a Local Studio
- 14. Explore the Glastonbury Boathouse
- 15. Attend a Local Festival or Event
- 16. Go Wine Tasting at a Local Vineyard
- 17. Explore the Glastonbury Audubon Society
- 18. Attend a Performance at the Glastonbury High School Auditorium
- 19. Take a Cooking Class at a Local Culinary School
- 20. Visit the Glastonbury Farmers Market
- 21. Explore the Trails at Gay City State Park
- 22. Attend a Workshop at a Local Craft Studio
- 23. Visit the Connecticut Audubon Society Center at Glastonbury
- 24. Go Ice Skating at the Glastonbury Skating Center
- 25. Visit the Glastonbury Dog Park
- 26. Attend a Fitness Class at a Local Gym
- 27. Explore the Trails at J.B. Williams Park
- 28. Visit the Glastonbury Youth and Family Services Center
- 29. Take a Day Trip to Hartford
- 30. Relax and Unwind at a Local Spa
1. Visit the Historic Glastonbury Green
The Historic Glastonbury Green is the heart of the town and a must-visit for history lovers. This picturesque park is surrounded by beautiful colonial-era buildings and is the perfect spot for a leisurely stroll or a picnic.
2. Explore the Connecticut River
The Connecticut River is a natural beauty that runs through Glastonbury. Rent a kayak or paddleboard and enjoy a day on the water, or simply take a walk along the riverbank and soak in the peaceful atmosphere.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Green Cove Springs
3. Hike at Cotton Hollow Preserve
Cotton Hollow Preserve is a nature lover’s paradise. With its scenic trails, waterfalls, and diverse wildlife, it’s the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and reconnect with nature.
4. Indulge in Local Cuisine
Glastonbury is home to a variety of restaurants and cafes that offer delicious local cuisine. From farm-to-table eateries to cozy coffee shops, there’s something to satisfy every palate.
5. Visit the Glastonbury Historical Society Museum
Learn about the town’s rich history at the Glastonbury Historical Society Museum. The museum features exhibits on the town’s founding, its role in the American Revolution, and its development over the years.
6. Attend a Concert at the Glastonbury Riverfront Park
Glastonbury Riverfront Park is a popular venue for outdoor concerts and events. Check the park’s schedule and catch a live performance by local musicians or renowned artists.
7. Explore the Shops at Somerset Square
Somerset Square is a charming shopping center in Glastonbury that offers a mix of boutiques, specialty stores, and restaurants. Spend an afternoon browsing the shops and treating yourself to a little retail therapy.
8. Take a Stroll at Riverfront Park
Riverfront Park is a beautiful green space along the Connecticut River. Take a leisurely walk, have a picnic, or simply sit on a bench and enjoy the stunning views of the river.
9. Visit the Welles-Shipman-Ward House
The Welles-Shipman-Ward House is a historic property that dates back to the 18th century. Take a guided tour of the house and learn about the lives of the families who once lived there.
10. Explore the Trails at Meshomasic State Forest
Meshomasic State Forest is a vast wilderness area that offers miles of hiking and biking trails. Spend a day exploring the forest, and don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the breathtaking views.
11. Enjoy a Round of Golf at Glastonbury Hills Country Club
Glastonbury Hills Country Club is a premier golf destination in Connecticut. Play a round of golf on the scenic course, and enjoy the club’s amenities, including a clubhouse and a restaurant.
12. Visit the Glastonbury Art Guild
The Glastonbury Art Guild is a non-profit organization that promotes local artists and their work. Visit their gallery and admire the diverse range of artworks on display.
13. Attend a Yoga Class at a Local Studio
Glastonbury has several yoga studios that offer classes for all skill levels. Take a yoga class and unwind while improving your flexibility and strength.
14. Explore the Glastonbury Boathouse
The Glastonbury Boathouse is a popular spot for boating and fishing. Rent a boat or bring your fishing gear and spend a relaxing day on the water.
15. Attend a Local Festival or Event
Glastonbury hosts various festivals and events throughout the year. Check the town’s event calendar and attend a local fair, concert, or art show.
16. Go Wine Tasting at a Local Vineyard
Connecticut is known for its wineries, and Glastonbury is no exception. Visit a local vineyard and enjoy a wine tasting experience while taking in the beautiful vineyard views.
17. Explore the Glastonbury Audubon Society
The Glastonbury Audubon Society is dedicated to the conservation of birds and their habitats. Take a guided bird-watching tour or participate in one of their educational programs.
18. Attend a Performance at the Glastonbury High School Auditorium
The Glastonbury High School Auditorium hosts various performances, including plays, musicals, and concerts. Check their schedule and support the local arts scene by attending a show.
19. Take a Cooking Class at a Local Culinary School
If you’re a foodie looking to enhance your culinary skills, sign up for a cooking class at a local culinary school. Learn new recipes and techniques while having fun in the kitchen.
20. Visit the Glastonbury Farmers Market
The Glastonbury Farmers Market is held every Saturday and offers a wide range of fresh produce, baked goods, and artisanal products. Support local farmers and vendors by shopping at the market.
21. Explore the Trails at Gay City State Park
Gay City State Park is a nearby nature preserve that offers scenic trails, swimming areas, and picnic spots. Pack a lunch and spend a day surrounded by nature.
22. Attend a Workshop at a Local Craft Studio
Glastonbury is home to several craft studios that offer workshops and classes. Learn a new craft, such as pottery or jewelry making, and create something unique to take home.
23. Visit the Connecticut Audubon Society Center at Glastonbury
The Connecticut Audubon Society Center at Glastonbury is a nature center that offers educational programs and exhibits on local wildlife and conservation. Take a walk on their trails and learn about the natural world.
24. Go Ice Skating at the Glastonbury Skating Center
During the winter months, head to the Glastonbury Skating Center for some ice skating fun. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced skater, it’s a great way to enjoy the season.
25. Visit the Glastonbury Dog Park
If you’re a dog owner, take your furry friend to the Glastonbury Dog Park. Let them socialize and play in a safe and fenced-in environment.
26. Attend a Fitness Class at a Local Gym
Glastonbury has several gyms and fitness studios that offer a variety of classes, from yoga and Pilates to kickboxing and Zumba. Get your heart pumping and stay fit while having fun.
27. Explore the Trails at J.B. Williams Park
J.B. Williams Park is a beautiful park with walking trails, sports fields, and a pond. Take a hike, have a picnic, or play a game of frisbee with friends and family.
28. Visit the Glastonbury Youth and Family Services Center
The Glastonbury Youth and Family Services Center offers various programs and resources for children, teens, and families. Attend a workshop or participate in one of their community events.
29. Take a Day Trip to Hartford
Hartford, the capital city of Connecticut, is just a short drive away from Glastonbury. Explore its museums, parks, and historic sites, and experience the vibrant city life.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Newington Connecticut
30. Relax and Unwind at a Local Spa
After a busy day of exploring, treat yourself to a relaxing spa day. Glastonbury has several spas and wellness centers that offer a range of treatments, from massages and facials to yoga and meditation classes.
With its diverse range of attractions and activities, Glastonbury, Connecticut is a destination that should not be missed. Whether you’re a local resident or a visitor, there’s always something new to discover in this charming town.