East Haven, Connecticut, is a charming town located in New Haven County. With its picturesque landscapes and rich history, there are plenty of activities to enjoy in this beautiful destination. Whether you’re a nature lover, history enthusiast, or foodie, East Haven has something for everyone. In this article, we’ll explore the 30 best things to do in East Haven, Connecticut.
- 1. Visit Lighthouse Point Park
- 2. Explore the Shoreline Greenway Trail
- 3. Discover the Henry Whitfield State Museum
- 4. Indulge in Fresh Seafood
- 5. Take a Boat Tour
- 6. Visit the East Haven Town Beach
- 7. Explore the Five Mile Point Lighthouse
- 8. Go Hiking at Farm River State Park
- 9. Visit the Shore Line Trolley Museum
- 10. Explore the East Haven Historical Society Museum
- 11. Enjoy a Round of Golf
- 12. Take a Day Trip to New Haven
- 13. Attend a Concert or Event at the Toyota Oakdale Theatre
- 14. Explore the East Haven Marsh Wildlife Management Area
- 15. Visit the Shoreline Trolley Museum
- 16. Go Fishing
- 17. Explore the East Haven Dog Park
- 18. Attend a Festival or Fair
- 19. Explore the East Haven Green
- 20. Try Local Brews at a Brewery
- 21. Visit the Shoreline Aviation Museum
- 22. Go Kayaking
- 23. Attend a Sporting Event
- 24. Explore the East Haven Veterans Memorial Town Park
- 25. Visit the East Haven Fall Festival
- 26. Go Shopping
- 27. Explore the East Haven Nature Center
- 28. Attend a Yoga Class
- 29. Visit the East Haven Historical Cemetery
- 30. Enjoy a Sunset Cruise
1. Visit Lighthouse Point Park
Lighthouse Point Park is a must-visit attraction in East Haven. This scenic park offers stunning views of the Long Island Sound and features a historic lighthouse. Take a leisurely stroll along the beach, have a picnic, or explore the various walking trails.
2. Explore the Shoreline Greenway Trail
The Shoreline Greenway Trail is a 25-mile trail that stretches along the Connecticut shoreline. Enjoy a peaceful walk or bike ride while taking in the beautiful coastal scenery.
Read More : Best Things to Do in El Jadida (Morocco)
3. Discover the Henry Whitfield State Museum
The Henry Whitfield State Museum is the oldest house in Connecticut and a National Historic Landmark. Explore the museum’s exhibits and learn about the history of the area.
4. Indulge in Fresh Seafood
East Haven is known for its delicious seafood. Head to one of the local seafood restaurants and treat yourself to fresh clams, lobster, or fish and chips.
5. Take a Boat Tour
Experience the beauty of the Long Island Sound by taking a boat tour. Enjoy a relaxing cruise and admire the scenic views.
6. Visit the East Haven Town Beach
Spend a day at the East Haven Town Beach and soak up the sun. Enjoy swimming in the clear waters or simply relax on the sandy shores.
7. Explore the Five Mile Point Lighthouse
The Five Mile Point Lighthouse is another historic landmark in East Haven. Take a guided tour and learn about its fascinating history.
8. Go Hiking at Farm River State Park
For nature lovers, Farm River State Park is the perfect destination. Go hiking, birdwatching, or have a picnic surrounded by beautiful scenery.
9. Visit the Shore Line Trolley Museum
The Shore Line Trolley Museum is a unique attraction that showcases the history of trolleys. Take a ride on one of the vintage trolleys and learn about their significance.
10. Explore the East Haven Historical Society Museum
Learn about the history of East Haven at the East Haven Historical Society Museum. The museum features exhibits and artifacts that highlight the town’s past.
11. Enjoy a Round of Golf
East Haven is home to several golf courses. Spend a day on the green and enjoy a round of golf with friends or family.
12. Take a Day Trip to New Haven
New Haven, located just a short drive away, offers even more attractions and activities. Visit Yale University, explore the museums, or indulge in the city’s vibrant food scene.
13. Attend a Concert or Event at the Toyota Oakdale Theatre
The Toyota Oakdale Theatre is a popular venue for concerts and events. Check the schedule and catch a live performance during your visit.
14. Explore the East Haven Marsh Wildlife Management Area
The East Haven Marsh Wildlife Management Area is a great spot for birdwatching and wildlife observation. Bring your binoculars and camera to capture the beauty of the area.
15. Visit the Shoreline Trolley Museum
Take a trip back in time at the Shoreline Trolley Museum. Ride on vintage trolleys and learn about their role in transportation history.
16. Go Fishing
East Haven offers excellent fishing opportunities. Grab your fishing gear and spend a relaxing day by the water.
17. Explore the East Haven Dog Park
If you’re traveling with your furry friend, visit the East Haven Dog Park. Let your dog socialize and play in a safe and enclosed space.
18. Attend a Festival or Fair
East Haven hosts various festivals and fairs throughout the year. Check the local events calendar and attend one of these fun-filled events.
19. Explore the East Haven Green
The East Haven Green is a historic park that hosts community events and concerts. Take a walk around the green and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
20. Try Local Brews at a Brewery
East Haven is home to several breweries. Sample a variety of craft beers and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
21. Visit the Shoreline Aviation Museum
The Shoreline Aviation Museum showcases the history of aviation in Connecticut. Explore the exhibits and learn about the evolution of flight.
22. Go Kayaking
Explore the waterways of East Haven by going kayaking. Rent a kayak and paddle along the coastline for a unique perspective.
23. Attend a Sporting Event
Check the local sports schedule and attend a game or match. Cheer on the local teams and immerse yourself in the excitement.
24. Explore the East Haven Veterans Memorial Town Park
The East Haven Veterans Memorial Town Park is a beautiful park that honors veterans. Take a moment to reflect and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
25. Visit the East Haven Fall Festival
The East Haven Fall Festival is an annual event that celebrates the season. Enjoy live music, food vendors, and family-friendly activities.
26. Go Shopping
East Haven has a variety of shopping options, from local boutiques to larger retail centers. Browse the stores and find unique souvenirs or gifts.
27. Explore the East Haven Nature Center
The East Haven Nature Center is a great place to learn about the local flora and fauna. Take a guided nature walk and discover the beauty of the area.
28. Attend a Yoga Class
Unwind and relax by attending a yoga class. East Haven has several yoga studios that offer classes for all levels.
29. Visit the East Haven Historical Cemetery
The East Haven Historical Cemetery is a historic burial ground that dates back to the 17th century. Take a walk among the tombstones and learn about the town’s early settlers.
30. Enjoy a Sunset Cruise
End your visit to East Haven with a romantic sunset cruise. Sail along the coast and watch as the sun sets over the water.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Agadir (Morocco)
East Haven, Connecticut, offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or simply relaxing on the beach, there’s something for everyone in this charming town. Plan your trip to East Haven and experience all that this beautiful destination has to offer.