Tacloban, the bustling capital city of the province of Leyte in the Philippines, is a destination that offers a plethora of activities and attractions for every type of traveler. From historical landmarks and cultural sites to natural wonders and delicious cuisine, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.
- Best Things to Do in Tacloban (the Philippines)
- 1. Explore the Sto. Niño Shrine and Heritage Museum
- 2. Take a Stroll along San Juanico Bridge
- 3. Visit the MacArthur Landing Memorial National Park
- 4. Sample Local Delicacies at the Tacloban Public Market
- 5. Discover the Leyte Landing Memorial
- 6. Take a Dip at Cancabato Bay
- 7. Explore the Sohoton Natural Bridge National Park
- 8. Visit the Santo Niño Church
- 9. Go Island Hopping at the Cuatro Islas
- 10. Experience the Pintados-Kasadyaan Festival
- 11. Visit the Leyte Provincial Capitol
- 12. Explore the San Juanico Strait
- 13. Learn about the Yolanda Memorial
- 14. Shop for Souvenirs at the Price Mansion
- 15. Take a Day Trip to Kalanggaman Island
- 16. Visit the Leyte Landing Memorial Park
- 17. Explore the Tacloban City Convention Center
- 18. Enjoy Water Sports at Marabut Marine Park
- 19. Learn about Tacloban’s History at the Leyte Historical Society Museum
- 20. Relax at the Cancabato Beach Resort
- 21. Visit the Tacloban City Hall
- 22. Explore the Leyte Provincial Museum
- 23. Try the Famous Binagol and Moron
- 24. Discover the Beauty of Caluwayan Palm Island Resort
- 25. Take a Walk along the Leyte Boulevard
- 26. Visit the Tacloban City Library
- 27. Explore the Leyte Park Resort
- 28. Try the Famous Tacloban Lechon
- 29. Visit the Tacloban City Museum
- 30. Enjoy the Nightlife at Rizal Avenue
Best Things to Do in Tacloban (the Philippines)
1. Explore the Sto. Niño Shrine and Heritage Museum
Start your journey with a visit to the Sto. Niño Shrine and Heritage Museum, a beautifully preserved ancestral home turned museum. Marvel at the intricate woodwork and antique furniture as you learn about the rich history of Tacloban.
2. Take a Stroll along San Juanico Bridge
San Juanico Bridge, often referred to as the “Bridge of Love,” is the longest bridge in the Philippines. Enjoy breathtaking views of the San Juanico Strait as you take a leisurely walk or bike ride across the bridge.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Castelo Branco (Portugal)
3. Visit the MacArthur Landing Memorial National Park
Pay homage to General Douglas MacArthur and the brave soldiers who fought during World War II at the MacArthur Landing Memorial National Park. Explore the park’s exhibits and monuments that commemorate this historic event.
4. Sample Local Delicacies at the Tacloban Public Market
Indulge in a gastronomic adventure at the Tacloban Public Market. Try local delicacies such as binagol, moron, and sagmani. Don’t forget to bring home some pasalubong for your loved ones.
5. Discover the Leyte Landing Memorial
Visit the Leyte Landing Memorial, a significant landmark that marks the spot where General MacArthur and his troops landed in Leyte. Learn about the pivotal role this event played in the liberation of the Philippines.
6. Take a Dip at Cancabato Bay
Cool off and relax at Cancabato Bay, a scenic bay located just a few kilometers away from the city center. Enjoy swimming, fishing, or simply basking in the beauty of nature.
7. Explore the Sohoton Natural Bridge National Park
Embark on a thrilling adventure to the Sohoton Natural Bridge National Park. Marvel at the stunning limestone formations, go spelunking in the caves, and take a refreshing dip in the crystal-clear waters.
8. Visit the Santo Niño Church
Pay a visit to the Santo Niño Church, one of the oldest churches in the Philippines. Admire the beautiful architecture and attend a mass to experience the local religious culture.
9. Go Island Hopping at the Cuatro Islas
Explore the Cuatro Islas, a group of four stunning islands known for their pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters. Go snorkeling, swimming, or simply relax on the white sandy shores.
10. Experience the Pintados-Kasadyaan Festival
If you’re lucky enough to visit Tacloban in June, don’t miss the Pintados-Kasadyaan Festival. Marvel at the vibrant costumes, lively street dances, and cultural performances that showcase the rich heritage of the region.
11. Visit the Leyte Provincial Capitol
Take a tour of the Leyte Provincial Capitol, a magnificent building that showcases the neoclassical architectural style. Admire the grandeur of the structure and learn about the local government’s history and functions.
12. Explore the San Juanico Strait
Embark on a boat tour of the San Juanico Strait and witness the stunning beauty of this narrow body of water that separates the islands of Samar and Leyte. Keep an eye out for dolphins and other marine life.
13. Learn about the Yolanda Memorial
Visit the Yolanda Memorial, a solemn place that commemorates the lives lost during Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) in 2013. Pay your respects and learn about the resilience of the Taclobanons in the face of adversity.
14. Shop for Souvenirs at the Price Mansion
Drop by the Price Mansion, a heritage house turned souvenir shop. Browse through a wide selection of local handicrafts, accessories, and delicacies to take home as mementos of your Tacloban adventure.
15. Take a Day Trip to Kalanggaman Island
Escape to paradise with a day trip to Kalanggaman Island. Lounge on the pristine white sand beach, snorkel in the turquoise waters, and marvel at the untouched natural beauty of this remote island.
16. Visit the Leyte Landing Memorial Park
Pay your respects to the heroes of World War II at the Leyte Landing Memorial Park. Take a moment to reflect on the sacrifices made by the soldiers and the significance of this historic event.
17. Explore the Tacloban City Convention Center
Visit the Tacloban City Convention Center, a modern venue that hosts various events and conferences. Check out the schedule and see if there are any exhibitions or concerts happening during your visit.
18. Enjoy Water Sports at Marabut Marine Park
Get your adrenaline pumping with water sports activities at Marabut Marine Park. Try kayaking, jet skiing, or paddleboarding while enjoying the stunning views of the surrounding islands.
19. Learn about Tacloban’s History at the Leyte Historical Society Museum
Immerse yourself in Tacloban’s rich history at the Leyte Historical Society Museum. Discover artifacts, photographs, and documents that tell the story of the city’s past.
20. Relax at the Cancabato Beach Resort
Unwind and recharge at the Cancabato Beach Resort. Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere, take a dip in the pool, or simply lounge by the beach with a good book.
21. Visit the Tacloban City Hall
Take a quick stop at the Tacloban City Hall, a majestic building that serves as the seat of government for the city. Snap some photos of the impressive architecture and learn about the city’s administration.
22. Explore the Leyte Provincial Museum
Get a deeper understanding of Leyte’s culture and heritage at the Leyte Provincial Museum. Admire the collection of artifacts, artworks, and historical items that showcase the province’s rich history.
23. Try the Famous Binagol and Moron
No visit to Tacloban is complete without trying the famous local delicacies, binagol and moron. These sweet treats made from taro and sticky rice are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
24. Discover the Beauty of Caluwayan Palm Island Resort
Escape to Caluwayan Palm Island Resort, a secluded paradise located just a short boat ride away from Tacloban. Enjoy the pristine beaches, go snorkeling, or simply relax in a hammock surrounded by palm trees.
25. Take a Walk along the Leyte Boulevard
Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the Leyte Boulevard, a scenic promenade that offers stunning views of the sea. Stop by the food stalls and try some street food while enjoying the cool ocean breeze.
26. Visit the Tacloban City Library
If you’re a book lover, make sure to visit the Tacloban City Library. Browse through the collection of books and immerse yourself in a good read while enjoying the peaceful ambiance.
27. Explore the Leyte Park Resort
Discover the beauty of Leyte Park Resort, a sprawling complex that offers stunning views of the sea and the San Juanico Bridge. Take a dip in the pool, enjoy a picnic by the beach, or simply relax in the lush gardens.
28. Try the Famous Tacloban Lechon
Indulge in the mouthwatering Tacloban Lechon, a local delicacy known for its crispy skin and succulent meat. Pair it with some steamed rice and enjoy a delicious feast.
29. Visit the Tacloban City Museum
Learn about Tacloban’s history, culture, and arts at the Tacloban City Museum. Explore the exhibits and galleries that showcase the city’s vibrant heritage.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Cesena (Italy)
30. Enjoy the Nightlife at Rizal Avenue
Wrap up your day with a visit to Rizal Avenue, Tacloban’s main street known for its vibrant nightlife. Enjoy live music, delicious food, and a lively atmosphere as you mingle with the locals and fellow travelers.
With so many incredible things to see and do in Tacloban, you’ll never run out of adventures. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or a foodie, this city has something to offer you. So pack your bags, book your tickets, and get ready for an unforgettable journey in Tacloban, the Philippines!