Welcome to Salon-de-Provence, a charming town nestled in the heart of the picturesque Provence region in France. With its rich history, stunning architecture, and vibrant culture, Salon-de-Provence offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re a history buff, a food lover, or simply looking to soak up the beauty of the French countryside, Salon-de-Provence has something for everyone. Here are the 30 best things to do in Salon-de-Provence.
- Best Things to Do in Salon-de-Provence (France)
- 1. Explore the Château de l’Empéri
- 2. Wander through the Old Town
- 3. Visit the Nostradamus Museum
- 4. Take a Tour of the Savonnerie Rampal-Latour
- 5. Explore the Musée Grévin de Provence
- 6. Discover the Fontaine Moussue
- 7. Attend the Salon-de-Provence Music Festival
- 8. Taste Local Wines at Domaine de Sulauze
- 9. Visit the Musée de l’Empéri
- 10. Explore the Jardin de la Maison de Nostradamus
- 11. Take a Cooking Class
- 12. Visit the Musée de la Crau
- 13. Attend the Marché Nocturne
- 14. Discover the Musée de Salon et de la Crau
- 15. Explore the Château de l’Emperi Gardens
- 16. Attend the Provence Prestige Fair
- 17. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
- 18. Visit the Musée de l’Artisanat
- 19. Enjoy a Picnic in the Parc de la Légion d’Honneur
- 20. Explore the Musée de la Résistance
- 21. Attend a Perfume Workshop
- 22. Visit the Eglise Saint-Michel
- 23. Explore the Musée de la Légion Etrangère
- 24. Take a Bike Ride in the Countryside
- 25. Visit the Château de la Barben
- 26. Attend the Festival de la Crau
- 27. Discover the Musée de la Moto
- 28. Visit the Château de Vaudran
- 29. Attend the Salon-de-Provence Christmas Market
- 30. Relax at the Spa
Best Things to Do in Salon-de-Provence (France)
1. Explore the Château de l’Empéri
Start your journey in Salon-de-Provence by visiting the magnificent Château de l’Empéri. This medieval fortress offers breathtaking views of the town and houses the Museum of Salon and the Museum of the French Army.
2. Wander through the Old Town
Take a leisurely stroll through the charming streets of Salon-de-Provence’s Old Town. Admire the beautiful architecture, browse the local shops, and stop by the quaint cafés for a taste of authentic French cuisine.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Montemor-o-Novo (Portugal)
3. Visit the Nostradamus Museum
Learn about the life and predictions of the famous French astrologer, Nostradamus, at the Nostradamus Museum. Explore his former home and discover the fascinating world of astrology and prophecy.
4. Take a Tour of the Savonnerie Rampal-Latour
Indulge your senses with a tour of the Savonnerie Rampal-Latour, one of the oldest soap factories in France. Discover the traditional soap-making techniques and treat yourself to some luxurious handmade soaps.
5. Explore the Musée Grévin de Provence
Step into the world of wax figures at the Musée Grévin de Provence. Marvel at the lifelike statues of famous celebrities, historical figures, and even local personalities.
6. Discover the Fontaine Moussue
Visit the Fontaine Moussue, a unique moss-covered fountain that has become a symbol of Salon-de-Provence. Take a moment to admire its natural beauty and snap some memorable photos.
7. Attend the Salon-de-Provence Music Festival
If you’re a music lover, don’t miss the Salon-de-Provence Music Festival. Experience a variety of concerts, from classical to jazz, in the enchanting setting of the town’s historic venues.
8. Taste Local Wines at Domaine de Sulauze
Indulge in a wine tasting experience at Domaine de Sulauze, a charming winery located just outside Salon-de-Provence. Sample a selection of organic wines and learn about the winemaking process.
9. Visit the Musée de l’Empéri
Continue your exploration of Salon-de-Provence’s history at the Musée de l’Empéri. Discover a fascinating collection of art and artifacts that showcase the town’s past.
10. Explore the Jardin de la Maison de Nostradamus
Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the Jardin de la Maison de Nostradamus. This beautiful garden is the perfect spot to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Salon-de-Provence.
11. Take a Cooking Class
Learn the secrets of Provençal cuisine by taking a cooking class in Salon-de-Provence. Discover the flavors and techniques that make this region’s cuisine so unique.
12. Visit the Musée de la Crau
Explore the natural history of the Crau region at the Musée de la Crau. Learn about the local flora and fauna and gain a deeper understanding of the area’s unique ecosystem.
13. Attend the Marché Nocturne
Experience the vibrant atmosphere of the Marché Nocturne, a lively night market held in Salon-de-Provence during the summer months. Sample local delicacies, browse handmade crafts, and enjoy live music.
14. Discover the Musée de Salon et de la Crau
Delve into the art and history of Salon-de-Provence at the Musée de Salon et de la Crau. From ancient artifacts to contemporary artworks, this museum offers a diverse collection for art enthusiasts.
15. Explore the Château de l’Emperi Gardens
Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful gardens surrounding the Château de l’Emperi. Admire the colorful flowers, relax on a bench, and enjoy the peaceful ambiance.
16. Attend the Provence Prestige Fair
If you’re visiting Salon-de-Provence in November, don’t miss the Provence Prestige Fair. This annual event showcases the best of local craftsmanship, gastronomy, and lifestyle.
17. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
Experience Salon-de-Provence from a different perspective by taking a hot air balloon ride. Soar above the town and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
18. Visit the Musée de l’Artisanat
Discover the traditional crafts of Salon-de-Provence at the Musée de l’Artisanat. From pottery to weaving, this museum showcases the talent and creativity of local artisans.
19. Enjoy a Picnic in the Parc de la Légion d’Honneur
Pack a picnic basket and head to the Parc de la Légion d’Honneur for a relaxing afternoon in nature. This park offers beautiful green spaces, shady trees, and a playground for children.
20. Explore the Musée de la Résistance
Learn about the role Salon-de-Provence played during World War II at the Musée de la Résistance. Discover the stories of local resistance fighters and gain insight into this important period of history.
21. Attend a Perfume Workshop
Unleash your creativity by attending a perfume workshop in Salon-de-Provence. Learn about the art of perfumery and create your own signature scent to take home.
22. Visit the Eglise Saint-Michel
Marvel at the beauty of the Eglise Saint-Michel, a stunning church located in the heart of Salon-de-Provence. Admire the intricate stained glass windows and the exquisite architecture.
23. Explore the Musée de la Légion Etrangère
Discover the history of the French Foreign Legion at the Musée de la Légion Etrangère. Learn about the legendary soldiers who have served in this elite fighting force.
24. Take a Bike Ride in the Countryside
Rent a bike and explore the beautiful countryside surrounding Salon-de-Provence. Enjoy the fresh air, picturesque landscapes, and the freedom of cycling at your own pace.
25. Visit the Château de la Barben
Embark on a short trip from Salon-de-Provence to visit the majestic Château de la Barben. Explore the castle’s interior, stroll through the gardens, and enjoy the panoramic views.
26. Attend the Festival de la Crau
If you’re visiting Salon-de-Provence in July, don’t miss the Festival de la Crau. This lively event celebrates the local culture with music, dance, and traditional Provençal festivities.
27. Discover the Musée de la Moto
Motorcycle enthusiasts will love the Musée de la Moto. Explore a fascinating collection of vintage motorcycles and learn about the history of this iconic mode of transportation.
28. Visit the Château de Vaudran
Step back in time at the Château de Vaudran, a beautifully preserved 18th-century castle. Take a guided tour to learn about its history and enjoy the stunning views from the terrace.
29. Attend the Salon-de-Provence Christmas Market
Experience the magic of the holiday season at the Salon-de-Provence Christmas Market. Browse the festive stalls, sip on mulled wine, and enjoy the cheerful atmosphere.
30. Relax at the Spa
Indulge in some well-deserved relaxation at one of Salon-de-Provence’s luxurious spas. Treat yourself to a massage, unwind in the sauna, or take a dip in the heated pool.
Salon-de-Provence offers a wealth of activities and attractions that cater to a variety of interests. Whether you’re interested in history, art, gastronomy, or simply enjoying the beauty of the French countryside, Salon-de-Provence has something for everyone. So pack your bags and get ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure in this charming town.