Saint-Cloud, a charming commune located in the western suburbs of Paris, offers a wide array of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or a food enthusiast, there’s something for everyone in this picturesque town. In this blog post, we’ll take you through the 30 best things to do in Saint-Cloud, so you can make the most of your visit.
- 1. Explore the Château de Saint-Cloud
- 2. Take a Walk in the Parc de Saint-Cloud
- 3. Visit the Musée des Avelines
- 4. Go Horseback Riding at Haras de Jardy
- 5. Discover the Domaine National de Saint-Cloud
- 6. Enjoy a Boat Ride on the Seine River
- 7. Visit the Maison de la Pêche et de la Nature
- 8. Explore the Jardin des Tourneroches
- 9. Go Golfing at the Golf de Saint-Cloud
- 10. Visit the Musée Albert Kahn
- 11. Take a Bike Ride along the Seine River
- 12. Explore the Parc de Montretout
- 13. Visit the Musée des Années 30
- 14. Go for a Run in the Parc de Béarn
- 15. Explore the Île de la Jatte
- 16. Visit the Musée National de Céramique
- 17. Go for a Swim at the Piscine de Saint-Cloud
- 18. Attend a Concert at the Théâtre André Malraux
- 19. Explore the Jardin du Trocadéro
- 20. Visit the Musée Marmottan Monet
- 21. Go for a Hike in the Forêt de Fausses-Reposes
- 22. Visit the Musée National de la Marine
- 23. Enjoy a Picnic in the Parc de la Bérengère
- 24. Take a Guided Tour of the Domaine de Madame Elisabeth
- 25. Visit the Musée Rodin
- 26. Go for a Jog in the Parc de Montretout
- 27. Visit the Musée de la Contrefaçon
- 28. Enjoy a Meal at a Local Restaurant
- 29. Attend a Cultural Event at the Domaine National de Saint-Cloud
- 30. Relax and Enjoy the Beauty of Saint-Cloud
1. Explore the Château de Saint-Cloud
Start your journey by visiting the magnificent Château de Saint-Cloud. This former royal residence offers stunning views of the surrounding park and gardens. Take a leisurely stroll through the grounds and admire the beautiful architecture.
2. Take a Walk in the Parc de Saint-Cloud
The Parc de Saint-Cloud is a sprawling park that spans over 460 acres. It’s the perfect place to go for a peaceful walk or a picnic with family and friends. Enjoy the lush greenery and take in the breathtaking views of the Seine River.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Hasselt
3. Visit the Musée des Avelines
If you’re interested in art and history, make sure to visit the Musée des Avelines. This museum showcases a collection of paintings, sculptures, and artifacts that highlight the rich cultural heritage of the region.
4. Go Horseback Riding at Haras de Jardy
For a unique experience, head to Haras de Jardy and go horseback riding. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, you’ll have a great time exploring the beautiful countryside on horseback.
5. Discover the Domaine National de Saint-Cloud
The Domaine National de Saint-Cloud is a vast estate that offers a variety of activities. From guided tours of the palace to outdoor concerts and festivals, there’s always something happening here.
6. Enjoy a Boat Ride on the Seine River
Take a relaxing boat ride on the Seine River and admire the stunning views of Saint-Cloud and its surroundings. It’s a great way to unwind and see the town from a different perspective.
7. Visit the Maison de la Pêche et de la Nature
If you’re interested in fishing and nature, make sure to visit the Maison de la Pêche et de la Nature. This educational center offers interactive exhibits and workshops that teach visitors about the local flora and fauna.
8. Explore the Jardin des Tourneroches
The Jardin des Tourneroches is a charming garden that’s perfect for a leisurely stroll. Admire the colorful flowers, relax on a bench, and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
9. Go Golfing at the Golf de Saint-Cloud
For golf enthusiasts, a visit to the Golf de Saint-Cloud is a must. This prestigious golf course offers beautiful views and a challenging game for players of all skill levels.
10. Visit the Musée Albert Kahn
The Musée Albert Kahn is a fascinating museum that showcases the life and work of the French banker and philanthropist Albert Kahn. Explore the extensive collection of photographs and learn about his contributions to photography and international peace.
11. Take a Bike Ride along the Seine River
Rent a bike and take a scenic ride along the Seine River. Enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful views as you pedal your way through the charming streets of Saint-Cloud.
12. Explore the Parc de Montretout
The Parc de Montretout is a hidden gem in Saint-Cloud. This peaceful park offers stunning views of the city and is a great spot for a picnic or a leisurely walk.
13. Visit the Musée des Années 30
Step back in time at the Musée des Années 30. This museum showcases the art and design of the 1930s and offers a unique glimpse into the cultural history of the era.
14. Go for a Run in the Parc de Béarn
If you’re a fitness enthusiast, head to the Parc de Béarn and go for a run. This park offers a scenic jogging path and is a popular spot for locals to exercise.
15. Explore the Île de la Jatte
The Île de la Jatte is a small island located on the Seine River. Take a leisurely walk along the riverbanks and enjoy the tranquility of this charming spot.
16. Visit the Musée National de Céramique
If you’re interested in ceramics and pottery, make sure to visit the Musée National de Céramique. This museum houses an impressive collection of ceramic art from different periods and cultures.
17. Go for a Swim at the Piscine de Saint-Cloud
Cool off on a hot day by taking a dip in the Piscine de Saint-Cloud. This public swimming pool offers a refreshing escape from the summer heat.
18. Attend a Concert at the Théâtre André Malraux
The Théâtre André Malraux is a cultural hub in Saint-Cloud. Check the schedule and catch a concert, play, or dance performance during your visit.
19. Explore the Jardin du Trocadéro
The Jardin du Trocadéro is a beautiful garden located near the Eiffel Tower. Take a short trip from Saint-Cloud and enjoy the stunning views of the iconic landmark.
20. Visit the Musée Marmottan Monet
The Musée Marmottan Monet is a must-visit for art lovers. This museum houses an extensive collection of works by Claude Monet and other Impressionist painters.
21. Go for a Hike in the Forêt de Fausses-Reposes
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and go for a hike in the Forêt de Fausses-Reposes. This forest offers several trails of varying difficulty levels, making it suitable for hikers of all abilities.
22. Visit the Musée National de la Marine
Discover the rich maritime history of France at the Musée National de la Marine. This museum showcases a wide range of artifacts, including model ships, navigational instruments, and historical documents.
23. Enjoy a Picnic in the Parc de la Bérengère
The Parc de la Bérengère is a lovely park that’s perfect for a picnic. Pack a basket with delicious French treats and enjoy a leisurely meal surrounded by nature.
24. Take a Guided Tour of the Domaine de Madame Elisabeth
Learn about the life of Madame Elisabeth, the sister of King Louis XVI, by taking a guided tour of her former residence. Explore the beautifully preserved rooms and learn about the history of the French monarchy.
25. Visit the Musée Rodin
The Musée Rodin is a must-visit for art enthusiasts. This museum houses a large collection of sculptures by the renowned artist Auguste Rodin, including his most famous work, “The Thinker”.
26. Go for a Jog in the Parc de Montretout
If you’re a fitness enthusiast, head to the Parc de Montretout and go for a jog. This park offers a scenic jogging path and is a popular spot for locals to exercise.
27. Visit the Musée de la Contrefaçon
Discover the world of counterfeiting at the Musée de la Contrefaçon. This unique museum showcases counterfeit products from different industries and educates visitors about the dangers of counterfeit goods.
28. Enjoy a Meal at a Local Restaurant
Saint-Cloud is home to a variety of excellent restaurants that serve delicious French cuisine. Treat yourself to a gourmet meal and indulge in the local flavors.
29. Attend a Cultural Event at the Domaine National de Saint-Cloud
The Domaine National de Saint-Cloud hosts a variety of cultural events throughout the year, including music festivals, art exhibitions, and theater performances. Check the schedule and attend an event during your visit.
30. Relax and Enjoy the Beauty of Saint-Cloud
Lastly, don’t forget to take some time to simply relax and enjoy the beauty of Saint-Cloud. Whether you’re sitting in a park, sipping coffee at a café, or taking a leisurely stroll, take a moment to appreciate the charm of this lovely town.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Mansfield (CT)
Saint-Cloud offers a wealth of activities and attractions that cater to all interests. From exploring historical sites to enjoying outdoor adventures, there’s something for everyone in this charming town. So, plan your visit to Saint-Cloud and experience the best that this beautiful commune has to offer!