Welcome to the Show Me State, where there’s no shortage of exciting and entertaining things to do. From vibrant cities to stunning natural landscapes, Missouri has it all. Whether you’re a history buff, an outdoor enthusiast, or a foodie, this state has something to offer everyone. In this witty guide, we’ll take you through the 30 best things to do in Missouri, ensuring you have an unforgettable experience.
- 1. Explore the Gateway Arch:
- 2. Visit the Anheuser-Busch Brewery:
- 3. Indulge in Barbecue:
- 4. Take a Cruise on the Mississippi River:
- 5. Visit the City Museum:
- 6. Explore the Ozarks:
- 7. Discover the Harry S. Truman Library:
- 8. Go Wine Tasting in Hermann:
- 9. Enjoy Live Music in Kansas City:
- 10. Visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art:
- 11. Explore the Mark Twain Cave:
- 12. Go Caving at Meramec Caverns:
- 13. Cheer on the Kansas City Chiefs:
- 14. Explore the Missouri Botanical Garden:
- 15. Take a Stroll on the Kansas City Riverfront:
- 16. Visit the National World War I Museum and Memorial:
- 17. Go Antiquing in Arrow Rock:
- 18. Enjoy Water Sports at the Lake of the Ozarks:
- 19. Explore the St. Louis Zoo:
- 20. Attend the Missouri State Fair:
- 21. Visit the Pony Express National Museum:
- 22. Explore the Gateway to the West in St. Charles:
- 23. Go Fishing at Table Rock Lake:
- 24. Visit the National Churchill Museum:
- 25. Explore the Historic Route 66:
- 26. Attend a Kansas City Royals Game:
- 27. Discover the Missouri State Capitol:
- 28. Explore the City of Branson:
- 29. Take a Scenic Drive along the Great River Road:
- 30. Relax at the Lake of the Ozarks State Park:
1. Explore the Gateway Arch:
No visit to Missouri is complete without a trip to the iconic Gateway Arch in St. Louis. Take a ride to the top and enjoy breathtaking views of the city and the Mississippi River. Don’t forget to snap a selfie!
2. Visit the Anheuser-Busch Brewery:
Beer lovers rejoice! Take a tour of the Anheuser-Busch Brewery in St. Louis and learn about the brewing process. Don’t forget to sample some of their famous beers.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Noisy-le-Grand (France)
3. Indulge in Barbecue:
Missouri is known for its mouthwatering barbecue. Head to Kansas City or St. Louis and treat yourself to some finger-licking good ribs, brisket, and pulled pork. Your taste buds will thank you.
4. Take a Cruise on the Mississippi River:
Step aboard a riverboat and cruise along the mighty Mississippi River. Enjoy live music, delicious food, and stunning views as you glide through the water.
5. Visit the City Museum:
Prepare to unleash your inner child at the City Museum in St. Louis. This interactive museum is a playground for all ages, with slides, tunnels, and even a rooftop Ferris wheel.
6. Explore the Ozarks:
Head to the Ozarks and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature. Hike through the breathtaking trails, go fishing in the crystal-clear lakes, or simply relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
7. Discover the Harry S. Truman Library:
History buffs will love a visit to the Harry S. Truman Library in Independence. Learn about the life and presidency of the 33rd President of the United States and gain insights into American history.
8. Go Wine Tasting in Hermann:
Indulge in a wine tasting experience in the charming town of Hermann. With its picturesque vineyards and award-winning wineries, it’s the perfect place to unwind and savor some local flavors.
9. Enjoy Live Music in Kansas City:
Kansas City is known for its vibrant music scene. Catch a live jazz or blues performance at one of the many clubs and immerse yourself in the soulful melodies.
10. Visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art:
Art enthusiasts shouldn’t miss the opportunity to visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City. Marvel at the impressive collection of paintings, sculptures, and artifacts from around the world.
11. Explore the Mark Twain Cave:
Step into the world of Mark Twain by exploring the Mark Twain Cave in Hannibal. Discover the inspiration behind his famous stories and learn about the life of this literary legend.
12. Go Caving at Meramec Caverns:
Embark on an underground adventure at Meramec Caverns, one of the largest cave systems in the state. Marvel at the stunning rock formations and learn about the cave’s rich history.
13. Cheer on the Kansas City Chiefs:
Join the sea of red and cheer on the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. Experience the electric atmosphere of a football game and become part of the passionate fanbase.
14. Explore the Missouri Botanical Garden:
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in the tranquility of the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis. Admire the stunning flowers, plants, and sculptures as you stroll through the peaceful gardens.
15. Take a Stroll on the Kansas City Riverfront:
Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the Kansas City Riverfront and soak up the vibrant atmosphere. With its shops, restaurants, and beautiful views, it’s the perfect place for a relaxing afternoon.
16. Visit the National World War I Museum and Memorial:
Pay tribute to the brave soldiers who fought in World War I at the National World War I Museum and Memorial in Kansas City. Explore the exhibits and gain a deeper understanding of this significant period in history.
17. Go Antiquing in Arrow Rock:
Step back in time and explore the charming town of Arrow Rock. Browse through the antique shops, visit historic landmarks, and immerse yourself in the rich history of the area.
18. Enjoy Water Sports at the Lake of the Ozarks:
Head to the Lake of the Ozarks and get your adrenaline pumping with a variety of water sports. From boating and jet skiing to paddleboarding and parasailing, there’s something for everyone.
19. Explore the St. Louis Zoo:
Get up close and personal with exotic animals at the St. Louis Zoo. With over 16,000 animals and 600 species, it’s a must-visit for animal lovers.
20. Attend the Missouri State Fair:
Experience the excitement of the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia. From thrilling rides to live music performances and delicious fair food, it’s an event you won’t want to miss.
21. Visit the Pony Express National Museum:
Learn about the fascinating history of the Pony Express at the Pony Express National Museum in St. Joseph. Discover the brave riders who delivered mail across the country in the 1860s.
22. Explore the Gateway to the West in St. Charles:
Step back in time and explore the historic streets of St. Charles. Admire the beautiful architecture, visit the charming shops, and soak up the rich history of this quaint town.
23. Go Fishing at Table Rock Lake:
Grab your fishing gear and head to Table Rock Lake for a day of relaxation and fishing. Known for its abundance of bass, it’s a paradise for fishing enthusiasts.
24. Visit the National Churchill Museum:
History and Winston Churchill enthusiasts will love a visit to the National Churchill Museum in Fulton. Explore the fascinating exhibits and learn about the life and legacy of this iconic leader.
25. Explore the Historic Route 66:
Embark on a road trip along the historic Route 66 and discover the hidden gems of Missouri. From charming diners to quirky roadside attractions, it’s a journey you’ll never forget.
26. Attend a Kansas City Royals Game:
Catch a baseball game at Kauffman Stadium and cheer on the Kansas City Royals. Immerse yourself in the excitement of America’s favorite pastime.
27. Discover the Missouri State Capitol:
Visit the Missouri State Capitol in Jefferson City and admire the stunning architecture of this historic building. Take a guided tour and learn about the state’s political history.
28. Explore the City of Branson:
Head to Branson, the entertainment capital of Missouri. From live shows and concerts to theme parks and outdoor adventures, there’s never a dull moment in this vibrant city.
29. Take a Scenic Drive along the Great River Road:
Enjoy a leisurely drive along the Great River Road and marvel at the scenic beauty of the Mississippi River. Stop at charming towns along the way and soak up the laid-back atmosphere.
30. Relax at the Lake of the Ozarks State Park:
Unwind and reconnect with nature at the Lake of the Ozarks State Park. With its beautiful beaches, hiking trails, and camping sites, it’s the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Bridgeport (CT)
Missouri is a state full of surprises and hidden gems. Whether you’re exploring the vibrant cities or immersing yourself in the beauty of nature, there’s always something new to discover. So pack your bags, grab a map, and get ready for an adventure like no other in the Show Me State.