If you’re planning a trip to the Philippines, Luzon should definitely be on your itinerary. As the largest and most populous island in the country, Luzon offers a wide range of attractions and activities for every type of traveler. From stunning natural wonders to vibrant cities, here are the 30 best things to do in Luzon.
- Best Things to Do in Luzon (the Philippines)
- 1. Explore the Rice Terraces of Banaue
- 2. Climb Mount Pulag
- 3. Visit the Mayon Volcano
- 4. Explore the Underground River in Puerto Princesa
- 5. Relax on the Beaches of Boracay
- 6. Discover the Intramuros in Manila
- 7. Hike to Taal Volcano
- 8. Dive in Anilao
- 9. Visit the Pagsanjan Falls
- 10. Explore the Batad Rice Terraces
- 11. Go Surfing in Siargao
- 12. Visit the Hundred Islands National Park
- 13. Explore the Chocolate Hills in Bohol
- 14. Go Whale Shark Watching in Donsol
- 15. Visit the Vigan Heritage Village
- 16. Explore the Underground Cemetery in Nagcarlan
- 17. Trek to Mount Pinatubo
- 18. Visit the Banaue Museum
- 19. Explore the Limestone Caves in Sagada
- 20. Go on a Food Trip in Pampanga
- 21. Visit the Rizal Park in Manila
- 22. Explore the Callao Cave in Cagayan
- 23. Go on a Heritage Tour in Taal
- 24. Visit the Bicol Region
- 25. Go on a Street Food Adventure in Manila
- 26. Visit the Paoay Church in Ilocos Norte
- 27. Explore the Bicol Express
- 28. Go on a River Cruise in Loboc
- 29. Visit the Malacañang Palace in Manila
- 30. Experience the Pahiyas Festival in Lucban
Best Things to Do in Luzon (the Philippines)
1. Explore the Rice Terraces of Banaue
Start your Luzon adventure with a visit to the breathtaking Rice Terraces of Banaue. These terraces are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and are often referred to as the ‘Eighth Wonder of the World’.
2. Climb Mount Pulag
For adventure seekers, climbing Mount Pulag is a must. Standing at 2,926 meters above sea level, this mountain offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape, especially during sunrise.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Matosinhos (Portugal)
3. Visit the Mayon Volcano
Mayon Volcano is known for its perfect cone shape and is one of the most active volcanoes in the Philippines. Take a hike to its crater or simply admire its beauty from a distance.
4. Explore the Underground River in Puerto Princesa
The Underground River in Puerto Princesa is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. Take a boat tour and marvel at the stunning rock formations and diverse wildlife.
5. Relax on the Beaches of Boracay
Boracay is famous for its pristine white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters. Whether you’re looking for relaxation or water sports, Boracay has it all.
6. Discover the Intramuros in Manila
Explore the historic walled city of Intramuros in Manila. Visit Fort Santiago, stroll along the cobblestone streets, and immerse yourself in the rich history of the Philippines.
7. Hike to Taal Volcano
Taal Volcano is located in Batangas and offers a unique hiking experience. Take a boat to the volcano island and hike up to the crater for panoramic views.
8. Dive in Anilao
Anilao is known as the diving capital of the Philippines. Dive into its crystal-clear waters and explore the vibrant coral reefs and diverse marine life.
9. Visit the Pagsanjan Falls
The Pagsanjan Falls is a popular tourist destination in Laguna. Take a thrilling boat ride through the rapids and marvel at the majestic waterfalls.
10. Explore the Batad Rice Terraces
The Batad Rice Terraces in Ifugao are another UNESCO World Heritage Site. Trek through the terraces and witness the ingenuity of the Ifugao people.
11. Go Surfing in Siargao
Siargao is known as the surfing capital of the Philippines. Catch some waves and experience the laid-back island vibe.
12. Visit the Hundred Islands National Park
The Hundred Islands National Park in Pangasinan is a paradise for beach lovers. Hop from one island to another and enjoy the pristine beaches and clear waters.
13. Explore the Chocolate Hills in Bohol
The Chocolate Hills in Bohol are a unique geological formation. Visit the viewing deck and see the hills turn brown during the dry season.
14. Go Whale Shark Watching in Donsol
Donsol is one of the best places in the world to see whale sharks. Swim with these gentle giants and have a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
15. Visit the Vigan Heritage Village
The Vigan Heritage Village in Ilocos Sur is a well-preserved Spanish colonial town. Take a stroll along the cobblestone streets and admire the beautiful ancestral houses.
16. Explore the Underground Cemetery in Nagcarlan
The Underground Cemetery in Nagcarlan is a unique attraction. Take a guided tour and learn about the history and significance of this underground burial site.
17. Trek to Mount Pinatubo
Mount Pinatubo is famous for its stunning crater lake. Take a challenging trek to the summit and be rewarded with breathtaking views.
18. Visit the Banaue Museum
Learn more about the rich culture and heritage of the Ifugao people at the Banaue Museum. Discover traditional artifacts and artworks.
19. Explore the Limestone Caves in Sagada
Sagada is known for its beautiful limestone caves. Go spelunking and marvel at the stunning rock formations and underground rivers.
20. Go on a Food Trip in Pampanga
Pampanga is known as the culinary capital of the Philippines. Indulge in delicious Kapampangan dishes and explore the vibrant food scene.
21. Visit the Rizal Park in Manila
The Rizal Park is a historical park in Manila dedicated to the national hero, Jose Rizal. Take a leisurely walk and visit the iconic Rizal Monument.
22. Explore the Callao Cave in Cagayan
The Callao Cave in Cagayan is famous for its unique rock formations. Take a boat ride and explore the chambers filled with stalactites and stalagmites.
23. Go on a Heritage Tour in Taal
Taal is known for its well-preserved Spanish colonial architecture. Take a heritage tour and visit the ancestral houses and the grand Taal Basilica.
24. Visit the Bicol Region
The Bicol Region is home to stunning natural attractions such as the Mayon Volcano and the Caramoan Islands. Explore the region and immerse yourself in its natural beauty.
25. Go on a Street Food Adventure in Manila
Manila is a food lover’s paradise. Sample the delicious street food such as balut, isaw, and halo-halo.
26. Visit the Paoay Church in Ilocos Norte
The Paoay Church is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is known for its unique architecture. Marvel at the massive coral stone buttresses and intricate details.
27. Explore the Bicol Express
The Bicol Express is a scenic train ride that takes you through the beautiful landscapes of the Bicol Region. Enjoy the breathtaking views along the way.
28. Go on a River Cruise in Loboc
Loboc is famous for its river cruises. Enjoy a buffet lunch while cruising along the Loboc River and be entertained by local musicians.
29. Visit the Malacañang Palace in Manila
The Malacañang Palace is the official residence of the President of the Philippines. Take a guided tour and learn about the country’s political history.
Read More : Best Places To Visit In Papua (Indonesia)
30. Experience the Pahiyas Festival in Lucban
The Pahiyas Festival in Lucban is a colorful celebration of the bountiful harvest. Admire the beautifully decorated houses and enjoy the festive atmosphere.
These are just some of the best things to do in Luzon. With its diverse attractions and activities, Luzon is truly a destination that has something for everyone. Whether you’re a nature lover, history buff, or foodie, Luzon will not disappoint.