Le Port, located on the beautiful island of Reunion in France, offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re a nature lover, an adventure seeker, or a history buff, there’s something for everyone in this charming port city. In this blog post, we’ll explore the 30 best things to do in Le Port, ensuring that you make the most of your time in this picturesque destination.
- Best Things to Do in Le Port (Reunion, France)
- 1. Explore the Jardin de l’Etat
- 2. Visit the Musée de la Marine
- 3. Take a Dip at Plage de la Pointe des Galets
- 4. Hike to the Piton des Neiges
- 5. Explore the Cité du Volcan
- 6. Go Whale Watching
- 7. Visit the Musée Léon Dierx
- 8. Explore the Domaine du Café Grillé
- 9. Go Paragliding
- 10. Discover the Roches Noires Lighthouse
- 11. Take a Helicopter Tour
- 12. Explore the Grand Marché
- 13. Visit the Maison Carrère
- 14. Go Canyoning
- 15. Relax at the Thermes de Cilaos
- 16. Visit the Temple Tamoul Narassingua Perournal
- 17. Go Surfing at Boucan Canot
- 18. Explore the Cirque de Mafate
- 19. Visit the Musée Stella Matutina
- 20. Go Snorkeling at l’Hermitage
- 21. Take a Boat Tour to the Île aux Aigrettes
- 22. Visit the Musée de Villèle
- 23. Go Mountain Biking
- 24. Visit the Musée des Arts Décoratifs de l’Océan Indien
- 25. Take a Boat Trip to the Cirque de Salazie
- 26. Go Fishing
- 27. Visit the Musée des Arts et Traditions Populaires
- 28. Take a Sunset Cruise
- 29. Explore the Forêt de l’Etang-Salé
- 30. Enjoy Local Cuisine
Best Things to Do in Le Port (Reunion, France)
1. Explore the Jardin de l’Etat
Start your journey in Le Port by visiting the Jardin de l’Etat, a stunning botanical garden that is home to a variety of exotic plants and trees. Take a leisurely stroll through the garden and appreciate the beauty of nature.
2. Visit the Musée de la Marine
Learn about the rich maritime history of Le Port at the Musée de la Marine. Discover fascinating exhibits and artifacts that showcase the city’s connection to the sea.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Guelph (Ontario, Canada)
3. Take a Dip at Plage de la Pointe des Galets
Enjoy a day at the beach at Plage de la Pointe des Galets. With its black volcanic sand and clear blue waters, it’s the perfect spot to relax and soak up the sun.
4. Hike to the Piton des Neiges
If you’re up for a challenge, embark on a hike to the Piton des Neiges, the highest peak in Reunion. The breathtaking views from the summit are well worth the effort.
5. Explore the Cité du Volcan
Discover the fascinating world of volcanoes at the Cité du Volcan. This interactive museum provides insight into the geology and volcanic activity of Reunion.
6. Go Whale Watching
From June to October, you can witness the majestic humpback whales as they migrate off the coast of Le Port. Take a boat tour and get up close to these incredible creatures.
7. Visit the Musée Léon Dierx
Art enthusiasts will appreciate a visit to the Musée Léon Dierx, which houses an impressive collection of modern and contemporary art.
8. Explore the Domaine du Café Grillé
Learn about the coffee-making process and sample some delicious local coffee at the Domaine du Café Grillé. Take a tour of the plantation and immerse yourself in the world of coffee.
9. Go Paragliding
Experience the thrill of paragliding and enjoy panoramic views of Le Port and its surroundings. This adrenaline-pumping activity is perfect for adventure seekers.
10. Discover the Roches Noires Lighthouse
Visit the Roches Noires Lighthouse, a historic landmark that has guided ships to safety for over a century. Climb to the top for a stunning view of the coastline.
11. Take a Helicopter Tour
For a truly unforgettable experience, take a helicopter tour of Reunion Island. Marvel at the island’s rugged landscapes, waterfalls, and volcanic craters from above.
12. Explore the Grand Marché
Indulge in some retail therapy at the Grand Marché, a bustling market where you can find everything from fresh produce to local handicrafts.
13. Visit the Maison Carrère
Step back in time at the Maison Carrère, a beautifully preserved Creole house that offers a glimpse into the island’s colonial past.
14. Go Canyoning
Embark on an exciting canyoning adventure and navigate through the island’s stunning canyons, waterfalls, and natural pools.
15. Relax at the Thermes de Cilaos
Unwind and rejuvenate at the Thermes de Cilaos, a spa resort nestled in the heart of the Cilaos Mountains. Enjoy a soothing thermal bath or indulge in a spa treatment.
16. Visit the Temple Tamoul Narassingua Perournal
Discover the vibrant Tamil culture of Reunion at the Temple Tamoul Narassingua Perournal. Admire the intricate architecture and take part in religious ceremonies.
17. Go Surfing at Boucan Canot
Ride the waves at Boucan Canot, one of Reunion’s best surf spots. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced surfer, you’ll find the perfect wave here.
18. Explore the Cirque de Mafate
Embark on a multi-day trek through the stunning Cirque de Mafate, a remote and untouched wilderness accessible only by foot or helicopter.
19. Visit the Musée Stella Matutina
Learn about the history of sugar production in Reunion at the Musée Stella Matutina. Discover the island’s colonial past and its impact on the sugar industry.
20. Go Snorkeling at l’Hermitage
Explore the vibrant underwater world of Reunion by snorkeling at l’Hermitage. Swim alongside colorful fish and discover coral reefs.
21. Take a Boat Tour to the Île aux Aigrettes
Embark on a boat tour to the Île aux Aigrettes, a small nature reserve that is home to rare and endangered species. Explore the island’s unique ecosystem.
22. Visit the Musée de Villèle
Discover the history of Reunion’s sugar aristocracy at the Musée de Villèle. Explore the beautifully restored plantation house and its gardens.
23. Go Mountain Biking
Explore the rugged terrain of Reunion by going mountain biking. With its diverse landscapes and challenging trails, it’s a paradise for cycling enthusiasts.
24. Visit the Musée des Arts Décoratifs de l’Océan Indien
Immerse yourself in the culture and traditions of Reunion at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs de l’Océan Indien. Admire the collection of traditional crafts and artworks.
25. Take a Boat Trip to the Cirque de Salazie
Embark on a boat trip to the Cirque de Salazie, one of the three volcanic calderas on Reunion Island. Marvel at the lush vegetation and cascading waterfalls.
26. Go Fishing
Cast your line and try your luck at fishing in the waters off Le Port. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced angler, you’ll enjoy the thrill of the catch.
27. Visit the Musée des Arts et Traditions Populaires
Learn about the traditional culture and heritage of Reunion at the Musée des Arts et Traditions Populaires. Explore the exhibits and discover the island’s rich folklore.
28. Take a Sunset Cruise
Witness a breathtaking sunset over the Indian Ocean by taking a sunset cruise. Relax on board and enjoy the stunning views as the sun dips below the horizon.
29. Explore the Forêt de l’Etang-Salé
Take a leisurely hike through the Forêt de l’Etang-Salé, a lush forest that is home to a variety of plant and animal species. Enjoy the tranquility of nature.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Torres Vedras (Portugal)
30. Enjoy Local Cuisine
No visit to Le Port is complete without indulging in the delicious local cuisine. Sample traditional Creole dishes and savor the unique flavors of Reunion.
With so many incredible things to see and do in Le Port, you’ll never be bored during your visit. Whether you’re exploring the natural beauty of the island, immersing yourself in its rich history, or enjoying thrilling outdoor activities, Le Port has something to offer everyone. So pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in this charming port city.