Chattanooga, Tennessee, is a vibrant city that offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re a history buff, outdoor enthusiast, or foodie, there’s something for everyone in Chattanooga. In this article, we’ll explore the 30 best things to do in Chattanooga, ensuring that your visit to this charming city is filled with memorable experiences.
- Best Things to Do in Chattanooga (TN)
- 1. Explore the Tennessee Aquarium
- 2. Take a stroll across the Walnut Street Bridge
- 3. Visit the Creative Discovery Museum
- 4. Ride the Incline Railway
- 5. Explore Ruby Falls
- 6. Take a riverboat cruise
- 7. Visit the Chattanooga Choo Choo
- 8. Hike the trails at Lookout Mountain
- 9. Explore the Hunter Museum of American Art
- 10. Enjoy a picnic at Coolidge Park
- 11. Visit the Chattanooga Zoo
- 12. Take a scenic drive along the Lookout Mountain Parkway
- 13. Explore the Bluff View Art District
- 14. Visit the International Towing and Recovery Museum
- 15. Go rock climbing at High Point Climbing and Fitness
- 16. Take a tour of the Chattanooga Whiskey Experimental Distillery
- 17. Explore the Chattanooga African American Museum
- 18. Attend a performance at the Tivoli Theatre
- 19. Go kayaking on the Tennessee River
- 20. Visit the Chattanooga Market
- 21. Explore the Chattanooga Nature Center
- 22. Take a ghost tour of downtown Chattanooga
- 23. Visit the Songbirds Guitar Museum
- 24. Enjoy a meal at the Chattanooga Brewing Company
- 25. Take a scenic ride on the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway
- 26. Explore the Chattanooga History Center
- 27. Go zip-lining at Ruby Falls
- 28. Visit the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
- 29. Explore the Chattanooga Riverwalk
- 30. Enjoy live music at the Nightfall Concert Series
Best Things to Do in Chattanooga (TN)
1. Explore the Tennessee Aquarium
Start your Chattanooga adventure by visiting the Tennessee Aquarium, which is home to a fascinating array of marine life. From colorful fish to playful penguins, you’ll be captivated by the underwater world that awaits you.
2. Take a stroll across the Walnut Street Bridge
The Walnut Street Bridge is a pedestrian bridge that spans the Tennessee River. Take a leisurely walk across this historic bridge and enjoy breathtaking views of the city skyline and the river below.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Almeirim (Portugal)
3. Visit the Creative Discovery Museum
If you’re traveling with kids, the Creative Discovery Museum is a must-visit. This interactive museum offers hands-on exhibits and educational activities that will engage children of all ages.
4. Ride the Incline Railway
Experience a thrilling ride on the Incline Railway, which is one of the steepest passenger railways in the world. As you ascend Lookout Mountain, you’ll be treated to panoramic views of Chattanooga and the surrounding area.
5. Explore Ruby Falls
Discover the stunning beauty of Ruby Falls, an underground waterfall located deep within Lookout Mountain. Take a guided tour and marvel at the wonders of nature as you explore the cave system.
6. Take a riverboat cruise
Embark on a riverboat cruise along the Tennessee River and soak in the picturesque scenery. Choose from a variety of cruises, including sightseeing tours and dinner cruises.
7. Visit the Chattanooga Choo Choo
Step back in time at the Chattanooga Choo Choo, a historic train station turned hotel and entertainment complex. Explore the beautifully restored train cars and enjoy live music and dining options.
8. Hike the trails at Lookout Mountain
Outdoor enthusiasts will love the hiking trails at Lookout Mountain. Lace up your hiking boots and explore the scenic trails that offer breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
9. Explore the Hunter Museum of American Art
Art lovers won’t want to miss the Hunter Museum of American Art, which houses an impressive collection of American art from the colonial period to the present day. The museum is located on a bluff overlooking the Tennessee River.
10. Enjoy a picnic at Coolidge Park
Pack a picnic and head to Coolidge Park, a beautiful riverside park that offers stunning views and plenty of green space. Let the kids play on the carousel or splash around in the interactive water fountain.
11. Visit the Chattanooga Zoo
Spend a day at the Chattanooga Zoo and get up close and personal with a variety of animals from around the world. The zoo is home to over 300 animals, including red pandas, snow leopards, and chimpanzees.
12. Take a scenic drive along the Lookout Mountain Parkway
Hit the road and take a scenic drive along the Lookout Mountain Parkway. This picturesque route offers stunning views of the mountains and valleys, as well as charming small towns to explore along the way.
13. Explore the Bluff View Art District
Immerse yourself in the arts at the Bluff View Art District, a charming neighborhood filled with art galleries, sculpture gardens, and coffee shops. Take a leisurely stroll and admire the local artwork.
14. Visit the International Towing and Recovery Museum
Discover the fascinating history of towing and recovery at the International Towing and Recovery Museum. Explore vintage tow trucks and learn about the evolution of the industry.
15. Go rock climbing at High Point Climbing and Fitness
Challenge yourself and go rock climbing at High Point Climbing and Fitness. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced climber, you’ll find routes that suit your skill level.
16. Take a tour of the Chattanooga Whiskey Experimental Distillery
Whiskey enthusiasts should not miss a tour of the Chattanooga Whiskey Experimental Distillery. Learn about the distillation process and sample some of their award-winning spirits.
17. Explore the Chattanooga African American Museum
Learn about the rich history and culture of African Americans in Chattanooga at the Chattanooga African American Museum. The museum features exhibits that highlight the contributions of African Americans to the city.
18. Attend a performance at the Tivoli Theatre
Experience the magic of live theater at the Tivoli Theatre, a beautifully restored historic theater that hosts a variety of performances, including Broadway shows, concerts, and ballets.
19. Go kayaking on the Tennessee River
Get out on the water and go kayaking on the Tennessee River. Enjoy a peaceful paddle as you take in the scenic beauty of the river and its surroundings.
20. Visit the Chattanooga Market
Indulge in local flavors and handmade crafts at the Chattanooga Market. This vibrant open-air market features a wide variety of vendors selling everything from fresh produce to artisanal goods.
21. Explore the Chattanooga Nature Center
Immerse yourself in nature at the Chattanooga Nature Center. Take a leisurely walk along the trails and observe native wildlife in their natural habitat.
22. Take a ghost tour of downtown Chattanooga
Discover the spooky side of Chattanooga with a ghost tour of downtown. Hear chilling tales of haunted locations and learn about the city’s haunted history.
23. Visit the Songbirds Guitar Museum
Music lovers will appreciate the Songbirds Guitar Museum, which houses one of the world’s largest collections of rare and vintage guitars. Explore the exhibits and learn about the history of the guitar.
24. Enjoy a meal at the Chattanooga Brewing Company
Sample locally brewed beer and enjoy a delicious meal at the Chattanooga Brewing Company. This craft brewery offers a variety of beers on tap, as well as a menu of tasty pub fare.
25. Take a scenic ride on the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway
Experience the thrill of riding the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway, the world’s steepest passenger railway. Enjoy breathtaking views as you ascend or descend the mountain.
26. Explore the Chattanooga History Center
Learn about the rich history of Chattanooga at the Chattanooga History Center. The museum features exhibits that cover the city’s past, from its Native American roots to its role in the Civil War.
27. Go zip-lining at Ruby Falls
Get your adrenaline pumping with a zip-lining adventure at Ruby Falls. Soar through the treetops and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
28. Visit the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Step aboard a vintage train and take a ride through history at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum. Experience the golden age of rail travel and learn about the importance of the railroad in Chattanooga’s development.
29. Explore the Chattanooga Riverwalk
Take a leisurely stroll or bike ride along the Chattanooga Riverwalk. This scenic trail follows the banks of the Tennessee River and offers stunning views of the city skyline.
30. Enjoy live music at the Nightfall Concert Series
End your day with live music at the Nightfall Concert Series, a free outdoor concert series held in downtown Chattanooga. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy performances by local and national musicians.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Paredes (Portugal)
Chattanooga, Tennessee, is a city that offers a wealth of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy. From exploring the natural wonders of Lookout Mountain to immersing yourself in the arts and culture of the city, there’s something for everyone in Chattanooga. Make sure to add these 30 best things to do in Chattanooga to your itinerary and create lasting memories of your visit to this charming city.