Camiguin, located in the southern region of the Philippines, is a small island known for its natural wonders and rich cultural heritage. With its stunning landscapes, pristine beaches, and warm hospitality, Camiguin has become a popular destination for both local and international travelers. Whether you’re a nature lover, an adventure seeker, or a history enthusiast, Camiguin has something to offer for everyone. In this article, we will explore the 30 best things to do in Camiguin, ensuring that you have an unforgettable experience on this beautiful island.
- Best Things to Do in Camiguin (the Philippines)
- 1. Explore the White Island
- 2. Take a Dip in the Soda Water Swimming Pool
- 3. Visit the Sunken Cemetery
- 4. Climb Mount Hibok-Hibok
- 5. Discover the Katibawasan Falls
- 6. Explore the Ardent Hot Springs
- 7. Dive at the Mantigue Island
- 8. Visit the Old Spanish Church Ruins
- 9. Experience the Lanzones Festival
- 10. Go on a Food Trip
- 11. Explore the Giant Clam Sanctuary
- 12. Discover the Tuasan Falls
- 13. Visit the Macao Cold Spring
- 14. Explore the Sto. Niño Cold Spring
- 15. Take a Dip in the Tangub Hot Spring
- 16. Visit the J&A Fishpen
- 17. Explore the Walkway to the Old Volcano
- 18. Go Island Hopping
- 19. Visit the Camiguin Provincial Capitol
- 20. Experience the Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort
- 21. Go on a Mangrove River Cruise
- 22. Relax at the Benoni Port
- 23. Explore the Old Catarman Church
- 24. Go on a Motorbike Tour
- 25. Witness the Old Spanish Bridge
- 26. Visit the Mount Vulcan Daan
- 27. Discover the Binangawan Falls
- 28. Explore the Camiguin Black Beach
- 29. Witness the Old Spanish Watchtower
- 30. Relax and Unwind on the Beaches
Best Things to Do in Camiguin (the Philippines)
1. Explore the White Island
Start your Camiguin adventure by visiting the White Island, a stunning sandbar located just a few kilometers off the coast. Take a boat ride and spend a day lounging on its powdery white sand, swimming in its crystal-clear waters, and enjoying the breathtaking views of the surrounding volcanoes.
2. Take a Dip in the Soda Water Swimming Pool
One of Camiguin’s unique attractions is the Soda Water Swimming Pool, a natural pool filled with carbonated spring water. Enjoy a refreshing swim while experiencing the tickling sensation of the bubbles against your skin.
3. Visit the Sunken Cemetery
Explore the underwater world at the Sunken Cemetery, a site where a cemetery was submerged due to a volcanic eruption. Snorkel or dive among the coral-covered tombstones and witness the eerie beauty of this underwater graveyard.
4. Climb Mount Hibok-Hibok
For the adventurous souls, a hike up Mount Hibok-Hibok is a must. This active volcano offers a challenging yet rewarding trek, with panoramic views of the island and the surrounding sea from its summit.
5. Discover the Katibawasan Falls
Escape the tropical heat by visiting the Katibawasan Falls, a majestic waterfall cascading down a lush green cliff. Take a refreshing dip in its cool waters or simply enjoy the serene ambiance of the surrounding rainforest.
6. Explore the Ardent Hot Springs
Relax and rejuvenate your body at the Ardent Hot Springs. Immerse yourself in the warm, therapeutic waters and let the natural minerals soothe your muscles and relieve any tension.
7. Dive at the Mantigue Island
Discover the vibrant marine life of Camiguin by diving at Mantigue Island. Swim alongside colorful coral reefs, encounter various species of fish, and if you’re lucky, spot some sea turtles.
8. Visit the Old Spanish Church Ruins
Step back in time and explore the Old Spanish Church Ruins, the remnants of an ancient church destroyed by volcanic eruptions. Marvel at the intricately carved coral stones and imagine the grandeur of the past.
9. Experience the Lanzones Festival
If you happen to visit Camiguin in October, don’t miss the Lanzones Festival. Join the locals in celebrating the bountiful harvest of lanzones, a tropical fruit unique to the island. Enjoy colorful parades, street dancing, and indulge in delicious lanzones treats.
10. Go on a Food Trip
Indulge in the local cuisine of Camiguin and go on a food trip. Sample the famous Pastel, a sweet bun filled with yema (caramelized condensed milk), and try other delicacies such as Binaki (corn cake) and Suman (sticky rice wrapped in banana leaves).
11. Explore the Giant Clam Sanctuary
Visit the Giant Clam Sanctuary in Guinsiliban and learn about the conservation efforts to protect these endangered marine creatures. Snorkel or take a glass-bottom boat tour to observe the colorful clams up close.
12. Discover the Tuasan Falls
Take a short trek through the lush forest to reach the Tuasan Falls. Marvel at the powerful cascade of water and take a refreshing dip in the natural pool at the base of the falls.
13. Visit the Macao Cold Spring
Escape the heat and visit the Macao Cold Spring, a natural spring with cool, crystal-clear waters surrounded by lush greenery. Enjoy a swim or have a picnic in this tranquil oasis.
14. Explore the Sto. Niño Cold Spring
Another refreshing spot to visit is the Sto. Niño Cold Spring. Immerse yourself in its cool waters and enjoy the peaceful ambiance of the surrounding rainforest.
15. Take a Dip in the Tangub Hot Spring
Experience the therapeutic benefits of the Tangub Hot Spring. Soak in its warm waters and let the natural minerals relax your body and mind.
16. Visit the J&A Fishpen
Discover the unique aquaculture practices of Camiguin by visiting the J&A Fishpen. Take a boat tour and learn about fish farming while enjoying the scenic views of the surrounding sea.
17. Explore the Walkway to the Old Volcano
Embark on a scenic hike along the Walkway to the Old Volcano. Learn about the geological history of Camiguin while enjoying panoramic views of the island and the nearby volcanoes.
18. Go Island Hopping
Explore the neighboring islands of Camiguin through an island hopping tour. Discover hidden beaches, snorkel in pristine waters, and soak up the sun on secluded islands.
19. Visit the Camiguin Provincial Capitol
Take a stroll around the Camiguin Provincial Capitol and admire its beautiful architecture. Capture some Instagram-worthy photos and learn about the local government’s efforts to promote sustainable tourism.
20. Experience the Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort
For diving enthusiasts, a visit to the Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort is a must. Explore the vibrant underwater world, dive among colorful coral reefs, and discover the diverse marine species that call these waters home.
21. Go on a Mangrove River Cruise
Embark on a mangrove river cruise and explore the unique ecosystem of Camiguin. Glide through the tranquil waters, observe various bird species, and learn about the importance of mangroves in preserving the coastal environment.
22. Relax at the Benoni Port
Take some time to relax at the Benoni Port, where you can enjoy the sea breeze and watch the boats coming and going. It’s a perfect spot to unwind and soak in the laid-back atmosphere of Camiguin.
23. Explore the Old Catarman Church
Visit the Old Catarman Church, also known as Guiob Church, which was partially destroyed by a volcanic eruption. Wander through the ruins, admire the remaining bell tower, and learn about the history of this once-thriving community.
24. Go on a Motorbike Tour
Rent a motorbike and explore the island at your own pace. Cruise along scenic coastal roads, visit hidden beaches, and discover charming villages off the beaten path.
25. Witness the Old Spanish Bridge
Marvel at the Old Spanish Bridge, a stone bridge built during the Spanish colonial period. Admire its architectural beauty and imagine the history that unfolded on this ancient crossing.
26. Visit the Mount Vulcan Daan
Take a trip to Mount Vulcan Daan, also known as the Old Volcano. Explore the volcanic landscapes, hike to the crater, and witness the remnants of past eruptions.
27. Discover the Binangawan Falls
Embark on a trek to the Binangawan Falls, a hidden gem nestled in the heart of Camiguin. Enjoy the tranquility of the surrounding forest and take a dip in the cool, clear waters of the falls.
28. Explore the Camiguin Black Beach
Visit the Camiguin Black Beach, a unique beach with black sand formed from volcanic ash. Take a leisurely walk along the shore, enjoy the stunning views, and witness the contrast of the black sand against the turquoise waters.
29. Witness the Old Spanish Watchtower
Explore the Old Spanish Watchtower, a historical structure built to protect the island from pirates and invaders. Climb to the top for panoramic views of the surrounding sea and the lush landscapes of Camiguin.
30. Relax and Unwind on the Beaches
Last but not least, simply relax and unwind on the beautiful beaches of Camiguin. Whether it’s the powdery white sand of White Island, the black sand of the Black Beach, or the secluded shores of the neighboring islands, Camiguin offers a beach experience like no other.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Colombes (France)
Camiguin is a hidden gem in the Philippines, offering a diverse range of activities and attractions for every type of traveler. From exploring natural wonders to immersing in the rich cultural heritage, Camiguin will leave you with unforgettable memories. So, pack your bags, book your tickets, and get ready to experience the 30 best things to do in Camiguin.