In addition to being a prosperous city unto itself, Burnaby is more than just a Vancouver suburb. It is really the province’s third-biggest city! With the Canadian Rockies in the background, it is positioned between the Fraser River and the Burrard Inlet. To put it briefly, Burnaby is an amazing city.
Because Burnaby is so near to Vancouver, many people frequently overlook it. However, it’s a very interesting city that’s a terrific day trip from the bigger one. In order to really experience everything this place has to offer, it is also worthwhile to stay a few nights.
- Best Things to Do in Burnaby (British Columbia, Canada)
- 1. Explore Burnaby Village Museum
- 2. Visit Burnaby Lake Regional Park
- 3. Enjoy a day at Metropolis at Metrotown
- 4. Explore the Burnaby Art Gallery
- 5. Take a stroll in Central Park
- 6. Visit the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre
- 7. Attend a performance at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts
- 8. Play a round of golf at Burnaby Mountain Golf Course
- 9. Have fun at Playland
- 10. Discover the Burnaby Artisan Farmers’ Market
- 11. Explore the Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area
- 12. Learn about astronomy at the Gordon MacMillan Southam Observatory
- 13. Attend a concert at the Deer Lake Park Amphitheatre
- 14. Visit the Burnaby Mountain Park
- 15. Go for a swim at Kensington Outdoor Pool
- 16. Explore the Burnaby Central Railway
- 17. Attend a sporting event at Swangard Stadium
- 18. Visit the Burnaby Mountain Park Wading Pool
- 19. Explore the Burnaby Public Library
- 20. Go for a bike ride along the Central Valley Greenway
- 21. Attend a cultural event at the Michael J. Fox Theatre
- 22. Visit the Burnaby Sports Hall of Fame
- 23. Explore the Burnaby Mountain Park Playground
- 24. Attend a workshop at the Burnaby Arts Council
- 25. Go for a hike in the Burnaby Mountain Urban Trail
- 26. Visit the Burnaby Lake Sports Complex
- 27. Explore the Burnaby Mountain Golf Driving Range
- 28. Attend a workshop at the Burnaby Art Room
- 29. Visit the Burnaby Farmers’ Market
- 30. Enjoy a picnic at Robert Burnaby Park
Best Things to Do in Burnaby (British Columbia, Canada)
1. Explore Burnaby Village Museum
Step back in time and experience life in the early 1900s at Burnaby Village Museum. This living history museum features heritage buildings, costumed townsfolk, and interactive exhibits that provide a glimpse into the past.
2. Visit Burnaby Lake Regional Park
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in nature at Burnaby Lake Regional Park. This beautiful park offers walking trails, wildlife viewing opportunities, and a chance to relax by the lake.
3. Enjoy a day at Metropolis at Metrotown
Shop ’til you drop at Metropolis at Metrotown, one of the largest shopping malls in Canada. With over 400 stores, a wide range of dining options, and entertainment facilities, there’s something for everyone here.
4. Explore the Burnaby Art Gallery
Discover the vibrant art scene in Burnaby at the Burnaby Art Gallery. This contemporary art gallery showcases works by local and international artists and offers a variety of exhibitions and educational programs.
5. Take a stroll in Central Park
Enjoy the fresh air and greenery at Central Park, a large urban park in Burnaby. This park features walking trails, sports fields, a pitch and putt golf course, and beautiful gardens.
6. Visit the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre
Learn about the history and culture of the Japanese-Canadian community at the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre. This museum offers exhibits, events, and educational programs that explore the rich heritage of the Nikkei people.
7. Attend a performance at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts
Experience the arts at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts. This performing arts venue hosts a variety of shows, including theater productions, dance performances, and concerts.
8. Play a round of golf at Burnaby Mountain Golf Course
Golf enthusiasts will enjoy a day at Burnaby Mountain Golf Course. This scenic course offers stunning views of the city and challenging holes for players of all skill levels.
9. Have fun at Playland
Get your adrenaline pumping at Playland, an amusement park located at the Pacific National Exhibition grounds. With thrilling rides, games, and attractions, it’s a great place for a day of family fun.
10. Discover the Burnaby Artisan Farmers’ Market
Support local vendors and find fresh produce, artisanal products, and handmade crafts at the Burnaby Artisan Farmers’ Market. This weekly market is a great place to shop and connect with the community.
11. Explore the Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area
Embark on a hike and enjoy breathtaking views of the city at the Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area. This natural park offers trails, picnic areas, and opportunities for wildlife spotting.
12. Learn about astronomy at the Gordon MacMillan Southam Observatory
Expand your knowledge of the universe at the Gordon MacMillan Southam Observatory. This public observatory offers stargazing sessions, educational programs, and a chance to view celestial objects through telescopes.
13. Attend a concert at the Deer Lake Park Amphitheatre
Experience live music in a beautiful outdoor setting at the Deer Lake Park Amphitheatre. This venue hosts concerts and performances throughout the year, attracting both local and international artists.
14. Visit the Burnaby Mountain Park
Enjoy panoramic views of the city and explore the beautiful trails at Burnaby Mountain Park. This park is also home to Simon Fraser University, where you can visit the campus and take in the stunning architecture.
15. Go for a swim at Kensington Outdoor Pool
Cool off on a hot day at Kensington Outdoor Pool. This outdoor swimming pool offers a refreshing escape and is a popular spot for families and individuals looking to beat the heat.
16. Explore the Burnaby Central Railway
Ride miniature trains and enjoy the scenic surroundings at the Burnaby Central Railway. This family-friendly attraction offers train rides and is a great place for children and train enthusiasts alike.
17. Attend a sporting event at Swangard Stadium
Cheer on local sports teams and enjoy the lively atmosphere at Swangard Stadium. This outdoor stadium hosts a variety of sporting events, including soccer and track and field competitions.
18. Visit the Burnaby Mountain Park Wading Pool
Take the kids for a splash at the Burnaby Mountain Park Wading Pool. This shallow pool is perfect for young children and offers a fun and safe water play experience.
19. Explore the Burnaby Public Library
Escape into the world of books at the Burnaby Public Library. With a wide range of titles and resources, as well as various programs and events, it’s a great place for book lovers of all ages.
20. Go for a bike ride along the Central Valley Greenway
Enjoy a leisurely bike ride along the Central Valley Greenway, a scenic cycling route that connects Burnaby to Vancouver and New Westminster. This car-free path offers beautiful views and a chance to explore the surrounding areas.
21. Attend a cultural event at the Michael J. Fox Theatre
Immerse yourself in the arts and culture scene at the Michael J. Fox Theatre. This performing arts venue hosts a variety of events, including dance performances, theater productions, and music concerts.
22. Visit the Burnaby Sports Hall of Fame
Celebrate the achievements of local athletes at the Burnaby Sports Hall of Fame. This museum showcases the history of sports in Burnaby and honors the individuals who have made significant contributions to the sporting community.
23. Explore the Burnaby Mountain Park Playground
Let the kids run wild at the Burnaby Mountain Park Playground. This expansive play area features climbing structures, slides, swings, and plenty of space for children to explore and have fun.
24. Attend a workshop at the Burnaby Arts Council
Unleash your creativity and enhance your artistic skills at the Burnaby Arts Council. This organization offers a variety of workshops and classes in various art forms, including painting, pottery, and photography.
25. Go for a hike in the Burnaby Mountain Urban Trail
Experience the beauty of nature and get some exercise on the Burnaby Mountain Urban Trail. This trail offers a mix of paved and unpaved paths, with stunning views of the city and surrounding landscapes.
26. Visit the Burnaby Lake Sports Complex
Play a game of soccer, baseball, or field hockey at the Burnaby Lake Sports Complex. This multi-sport facility offers fields and amenities for various sports and is a popular destination for athletes and sports enthusiasts.
27. Explore the Burnaby Mountain Golf Driving Range
Practice your swing and improve your golf skills at the Burnaby Mountain Golf Driving Range. This facility offers a range of driving bays and targets, as well as professional instruction for golfers of all levels.
28. Attend a workshop at the Burnaby Art Room
Tap into your artistic side and participate in a workshop at the Burnaby Art Room. This creative space offers classes and programs for individuals of all ages, allowing you to explore different art mediums and techniques.
29. Visit the Burnaby Farmers’ Market
Support local farmers and artisans at the Burnaby Farmers’ Market. This weekly market offers a wide selection of fresh produce, baked goods, crafts, and more, creating a vibrant community gathering space.
Read More : Best Things to Do in Paredes (Portugal)
30. Enjoy a picnic at Robert Burnaby Park
Spend a relaxing day outdoors and have a picnic at Robert Burnaby Park. This spacious park features picnic areas, walking trails, and a playground, making it a great spot for a family outing or a peaceful retreat.